Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on purchasing a 2003 Bonneville T100 this week, I'd like to get 2 bike covers: one dust cover for indoor storage for 4 months in my heated garage during the winter, another cover preferrably an all-weather cover for the times I park it curbside in front of my home during the non-winter months. Bike is stock with no windshield and no bags, I live in Chicago. Any recommendations and sizes? thanks.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Cover's

Ive got the Dowco med cover for outdoors. Fits tight but works well. IF I could store mine inside- (just got one fore the new scoot) a plactic mattress cover Queen works well! Its lite weight & cheap like $6? Got it @ B&B. A thought?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
i have an all-weather Dowco cover in a medium for my thruxton for when i left it on the street in denver. i also have an XL cover i paid about $25 for at target that i keep in my bag when i go to work. it takes up less space than the dowco, and isnt form fitting, so i can put it on the bike when it's hot and also use it in the garage at home just to keep the dust off.

i hardly use the dowco cover now that i live in a house with a garage but still use the target cover when i am at work. it isn't all weather but does a good enough job of preventing my bike from getting wet when the sprinklers go off at night. also, out of site, out of mind as far as others seeing it and wanting to steal it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Cover

The Dowco works real well & looks nice as too. An indoor dust cover can be anything from an old bed sheet to a beach towel (i use). Gotta be careful NOT to put the Dowco on too fast! There is a heat "resistant " strip @ the bottom, as I said "RESISTANT. It will melt!!The Dowco is vented as well w/ is nice.There isnt a cover made that will keep the salt air from getting to the Bonne tho! The only problem I had w/ the Dowco was figuring the front! I marked it w/ a blk marker so its easy now! The Dowco also has a nice little carry bag that will bungy on a Rennetec rack real easy for travel. Hell for $39- its a bargain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts