Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one of everything now; helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots - but can't figure out what pants to get.

I like classic styling and I'm leaning towards getting jeans with inserts, but can't really figure out what to do. My riding is 90% around town, but I plan to take my Scrambler up in the mountains around here on 4x4 roads for overnighters.

What pants do YOU wear?

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,990 Posts
I wear jeans with Bohn armor pants underneath, a pair of street leather pants(not track style) and Roadgear textile pants which are wind and waterproof. Whatever you decide upon, I would wear something for street riding and a different pair for the fireroads with plenty of armor; knees and shins, hips. Some like the kevlar style jeans, but without armor they won't protect your joints.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have read great reviews about Draggin Jeans and am leaning toward trying a pair but a friend just tonight highly recommended Motoport gear. Says it's the best mesh gear available. I haven't read the reviews yet but you might check their site out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cortech DSX pants are pretty good. Leather in the important areas, heavy denim everywhere else. Armor in the knees. A reasonable pricetag (relative to similar products) at about $90. The cut is long and narrow, so order a size wider in the waist and shorter in the leg.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
When it gets Africa hot with lots of humidity Draggin's are too uncomfortable for me. I have these:

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Flex-Pant-p-237_4.html

Take the liners out. Remove the panels off the front and you have great mesh pants with good protection. Then when it gets colder you have the liners and they are waterproof. Plus the slip on over work pants when commuting.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I have Tourmaster over pants. Unless it is 80+ degrees and one is stuck in traffic, these pants are great and not to hot.
I have the Tourmaster Epic jacket as well. As with the pants they are an excellent windbreaker, waterproof, breathable and very comfortable

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) I wear my ancient Hein Gerrike Levi style leather jeans. I don't like armour, so these are ideal. Bought in the 80's, and still going strong!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a pair of Scorpion mesh pants, and a pair of Sartso Killer Kevlar Jeans with built in knee pads. I almost always just wear the jeans with pads. They appear to be good construction, and are comfortable.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Draggin' Jeans when it's not too hot. Otherwise, regular jeans.

·
Banned
4,433 Posts
I use the Tour Master Venture Air Pants. I also like the Draggin Jeans, but remember, they provide almost no impact protection. I just ordered a set of Knox Cross knee guards for when I want to wear jeans. In hot weather I commute with the mesh pants ove shorts.

I tried the Bohn armor, but couldn't get the armor to stay in place, it shifted around a lot.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Olympia Airglide Mesh sometimes, Shift Torque jeans sometimes, and a pair of red camo Australian Draggin Jeans. Those are my favorite, but only because they seem to make other people want to poke their eyes out ;)

The Olympia Airglides are the best ones I own for hot weather...nice ventilation in them...

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a pair of Scorpion Duece mesh pants. They are very well constructed and offer pretty good air flow. I really like them, but will probably use them more in the cooler seasons as overpants, with the liner. I wish they had a little more mesh However, I just ordered a pair of the Olympia Recon 3 Transformers. They are mesh, but zip off into shorts and they aren't black.

I wouldn't mind trying a pair of the BMW Summer 2 Pants. Anyone have them and have an opinion?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Olympia Airglides are the best ones I own for hot weather...nice ventilation in them...
I like mine. With just a pair of boxers underneath, they're not too bad in these sweltering southern summers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts