Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a summary of results of a reader poll,
from my fave UK bike mag.... BIKE,

At the top of the poll came.....

TRIUMPH DAYTONA 1050 with 21.7 % readers ! :clap:
V5 VFR/Blackbird 17.4 %
V5 Fireblabe 13.1 %
Aprilia RSV 450 9.9%
BMWF800GS 9.7%

ME.... I'm under pressure from my other half,
as it's her turn next to replace her S4....
So......MY new bike wish list is... :asb:

1. Speed Triple 675 WITH A SHORTER SEAT height !
So my other half (& other shorties in the world)
can touch the floor & ride it !
I know a few peeps who've HAD to buy a Monster
coz they're so short.... :gooff: ">

2. 1300cc/1400cc Sprint ! :bow: :

3. 1050 Daytona :lgh:

I really pray that someone at TRIUMPH is listening !
If not I might have to buy a new V5...if/when they come out !

So.... WHATS ON YOUR NEXT MODEL WISH LIST ?

:upthumb:

[ This message was edited by: neil1052 on 2007-02-12 03:09 ]

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Neil-unfortunately, we Yanks don't see BIKE until it's a month late. Though I am signed up on their website. I think the 675 Triple is coming and has been spied

I don't think the Sprint will ever be another Trophy, no matter how we wish. I can't see Triumph making that set back in the model line, especially with the 1050 Tiger getting such great previews. Perhaps a 675 Sprint?
I couldn't agree more with the 1050 Daytona. If it is half as good as the 675 Daytona, it could be the answer to Ducati. If Triumph goes the year without the big bore answer to the 1098, then they let a competitor up form the mat. I know I have at least two or three more years with my 955i so I think the 1050 is a matter of pride more than need.

[ This message was edited by: Brooksie on 2007-02-12 16:35 ]

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I havde the Daytona of my dreams. :cool:

What I would like is a bigger twin cruser either based off the America/speedmaster or something similar to the Rocket and have a 240 tire in the back with belt driven instead of shaft or chain. 1500/1600 cc with FI

If that would never come out I will probably get the America and add the belt driven kit and stroker kit. Pobably the kit to make it a 945cc. :assim: :kck:

Neil - Yes a lower seat height would be nice as I am 5'4"(about 162cm - is this how you record hieght?). If I am not careful and pay attentiion I feel like this guy :kck:

[ This message was edited by: TechmanBD on 2007-02-12 16:45 ]

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Ducati's 1098 is an acknowledgement that the 90's was a good thing.

I think Triumph should pull out the T595 and build a new version of it as well. While they are at it, build a limited-edition version in yellow and black with trick parts/underseat exhaust/4-pot brakes and call it the new SuperIII. It still wouldn't outrun the latest from Japan - but it would have soul.

Just my two cents ...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Now that I'm retired and on a fixed income I shall have to stick with the Scrambler.

UNLESS.........

[ This message was edited by: bovefrankj on 2007-02-13 02:37 ]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ironically.....just had a chat with someone who's been in the Triumph factory.....very recently.... :-g

The 675 Speed Triple is being prepped !!!!

The BAD news is....for my wife & other shorties....
its basically a naked Daytona (no surprise there then)
with the same VERY HIGH seat & height.........DOH!!!!!!! :cry:

So the good news is......
it'll save me having to splash out on another bike !
Tho i am prepared to put hand in pocket, if it was as low or lower than my wife's Speed Four ! :???:

Me.....
I'm really as happy as a pig in SH*T with my
1050 ST & 05 955 Speed Triple !
Especially since fitting the high level can to the Speed Triple & getting the latest ignition map loaded today !
Boy does it rev ! :nana:

Tis just I was brought up to believe
"there aint NO SUBSTITUTE for CUBES" :bow:

Neil.

[ This message was edited by: neil1052 on 2007-02-13 12:05 ]

·
Registered
899 Posts
A new big Daytona would be nice, but I really am very happy with the 955 version I just bought. Actually the only new bike I would want, but won't spend the money on is a 1098. I'd be just as happy buying an old style tiger or old style S3. As a matter of fact that's what is on my list for next time, unfortunately they will have to be used. If Triumph does actually step up and produce a new Daytona, I'll wait until they are out for a year or two before considering one unless it is as stunning as the 1098.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I'm with you on that Triumphtimes. I am very happy with the current stable. If I had more room, I'd like to get an older XL/XR Honda 250 and stud up the tires for this time of year and do some midnight subdivision ice racing!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Give me a 675 Tiger please !!!

The perfect commmuter/scratcher/all rounder, and the off roaders can have a bash at it too.

The lighter weight would compensate for the smaller engine, it just won't be as serious a picee of touring kit as its big brother.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised, Fife. Though we probably wouldn't see that one in the states. The V Strom and smaller BMW's have not taken off here as yet. Cool idea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts