Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best guesses?

no - it's not mine - it's abandoned at a local garage - the garage maintenance guy is trying to identify it because he's considering rebuilding it.
I think it will take an EXPERIENCED british bike mechanic to do it - and of course there's the right foot shifter to contend with. not sure I could get used to that.

Attachments

·
30,034 Posts
I can't tell you - but those bikes are pretty fun to work on.

I'll shift this into our classic, vintage and verteran forum, because there are some guys there who can probably help you figure it out.

It looks pretty complete - that's a good start!

·
Registered
4 Posts
best guesses?

no - it's not mine - it's abandoned at a local garage - the garage maintenance guy is trying to identify it because he's considering rebuilding it.
I think it will take an EXPERIENCED british bike mechanic to do it - and of course there's the right foot shifter to contend with. not sure I could get used to that.
looks like a mid to late 60's tiger 650 .nice bike

·
Registered
481 Posts
Mcqueen and GPZ I think you may be disappointed regarding a mag, usually a Rita under there. The bike is a bit of a bitsa but easily sorted, we need engine and frame numbers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes, i've just sold a finned cover just like that on E-Bay, I agree, I reckon there's a Lucas Rita pickup under there.
If the rear guard /front fork is standard then I would guess a 68 TR6. But could be a year either side.
Cheers
bonnieT

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frame numbers

Frame and motor numbers would be a big help in identifying it.
here's the numbers

Frame number (as best as I can make out) C 15612

Motor Number DC 15612
and underneath that TR6R

and a few more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Motor Number DC 15612 means it's later than that Bonnietiler, it's a 1969 Tiger manufactured in April.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It looks like an interesting collection of parts. At least its matching numbers which is always a plus.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ahh yes, but if you're a bit dyslexic and you mistake DC for DU, then I think you'll find I'm right...
Sorry chaps you're quite right of course..
Nice bike the TR6 and no mistake.
Cheers
BonnieT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts