Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thunderbird 1700. All of a sudden after loading a different tune it started doing this. Re-loaded the previous tune but it didn't go back to a normal idel. I don't know if it was coincidence that it just started after loading a map and has nothing to do with that or what. But i have tried several maps since to no avail. It will idle normally but after riding a while when i come to a stop it might idle a couple hundred RPM's low, sometimes to the point it almost sounds like it might die, tho it hasn't yet.

I realize the stepper motor should have that .5mm clearance, but the only way i have been able to get the idle back to normal is adjust it till the idle is right. So the stepper is out of adjustment as to spec, but the idle is now ok. But thats not the correct way to do it so i assume it must be something causing it. What might cause a low idle?

·
Registered
2014 Thunderbird Commander 1700cc
10 Posts
Hi Their TorqueBird,

Mines a 2014 Commander with low idle same as yours. You get it fixed yet?

I heard idling should be 850 rpm according to spec. Some argue saying 950 rpm :)

Stepper motor adjustment? How? All I know of is that needs doing with Dealertool software adjustment.
Correct me if I'm wrong and Good Luck. I'm on 4400 miles and running beautifully :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts