Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!
I am in search of this little piece of hardware to install this Napoleon bar end mirror on my thruxton. There is only one mirror came with the bike and the spare Napoleon mirror i bought does not come with this handle bar piece that "supposely" reverse the thread.

anyone has any ideas where I might be able to find it? or what is it called? an adapter? clamp? plug? reverse thread?

Thanks!

Jan

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
might be a triumph part, call up south bay and ask

off the topic ill be posting two triumph/napoleons on craigslist sometime next week, waiting on some crg's

·
Registered
616 Posts
hello!
I am in search of this little piece of hardware to install this Napoleon bar end mirror on my thruxton. There is only one mirror came with the bike and the spare Napoleon mirror i bought does not come with this handle bar piece that "supposely" reverse the thread.

anyone has any ideas where I might be able to find it? or what is it called? an adapter? clamp? plug? reverse thread?

Thanks!

Jan
It's a custom part that Triumph has made (in the Netherlands). That part is the only difference between Triumph's bar-end mirror kit (which is made by Napoleon) and Napoleon mirrors you can buy anywhere else. Apart from buying that part as part of the Triumph kit, I am unaware of any other way to get them. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you buy that 05 yellow thrux from the guy in simi?

sorry can't help with the mirrors.

Jack

yeah, how did you guess that?!!! I did not pay attention to the mirror till I bought the bike! I just assume it ought to come in pair...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I remembered it had one mirror.

I backed out on a deal with the seller, or I guess his agent-too many odd things with the transaction for a long distance buyer. Then I saw an 06 yellow thrux with a few more miles and $1k cheaper and..the rest is history.

Hope the bike treats you well, looked clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, long distance transaction is tricky...I think he told me about you, a person who backed out on a deal...ha, what a small world. i tried to buy one from outta state and it was even more impossible to bring it to CA due to the emission standard. I am happy to find this deal locally. The bike is nice, less than 500 miles and is practically brand new with some really minor scratches. He serviced the bike for me so it needed nothing but a home. I am completely happy with it.
hope you enjoy the your ride as well.
Jan-

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a custom part that Triumph has made (in the Netherlands). That part is the only difference between Triumph's bar-end mirror kit (which is made by Napoleon) and Napoleon mirrors you can buy anywhere else. Apart from buying that part as part of the Triumph kit, I am unaware of any other way to get them. Good luck.

I finally found something about the "adapter". Apparently this new mirror is being installed on all new 09 Thruxtons. I called SouthBay Triumph in CA and order just the adapter itself for 28 dollars. plus the washer and stuff.

Here is the link of the PDF of the mirror. A pair of mirror with everything would cost 105 plus tax.

http://www.motorcyclestore.us/triumph/pdf/A9900246_EN-US_909ME_BarEndMirror[1].pdf

thanks guys!!
Jan-

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
out-of-state purchase

I really like the yellow ones. But I bought a red(maroon?) '04 outa state. Sent him most of the money in the fall of '05 and flew into Portland and rode it back to CA in the spring of '06. I then went to a small-town DMV office and didn't have any trouble w/registration (but I agree a local purchase is a lot easier...although I did get a nice 700 mile ride out of the deal).

Enjoy,
Shep

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, people just have to make sure that it is a CA certified model in order to register it in CA. Because there is a 49 Certified model...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess it all depends on which DMV you go and which officer is handing the registration... i called DMV before and that was what she told me, same rules and regulation were written on DMV website. I did not want to take any risk and knowing that there would be a chance the bike would be rejected in CA..that would suck...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts