Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09' Sprint NON ABS. Just got the left fairing off to check fasteners, etc. and install a radiator grille.

Part found on top of engine case near lower connection of coolant hose. It had been there since delivery, obvious debris/witness marks were evident that indicate same.

Looks like some kind of plastic spacer. 3/4 inch around, 1/4 inch hole in center and a groove in one spot on the exterior radius...i looked around, nothing looks loose, have no clue. Hopefully pic loads below...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Thats a referencing ring for your indexing array, that is.

If you don't have a discombobulator fitted it won't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Looks like someone took their pillion grab handle off and didn't notice what else came off with the bolts.
There should be 4 of them to insulate each bolt and the handle from exhaust heat
Then again, I have seen a very similar one on the oscillating centrifugal combustion defeator...

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
You guys are all wet. That's the cushion for the chrome muffler bearing.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
It's either the stock exhaust restrictor or the spacer for the grab bar...:)
My guess is it's the grab bar spacer.

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sussurf and Bill,

Thanks. All the grab handle spacers are in place. One got dropped during assembly it seems.

I found a few hose clamps barely tight enough while checking things there. Was worth the effort to poke around. Everything else looked fine and fairings went back on w/o issues.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Thats a referencing ring for your indexing array, that is.

If you don't have a discombobulator fitted it won't be a problem.
You sure it's not it's not off the flux capacitor?
No it's a Naquida storage device, handle that very carefully and do not expose to any electromagnet field. :eek:

DaveM:rolleyes:
You guys are all wet. That's the cushion for the chrome muffler bearing.
No no no, that's the die for the wire stretcher.
OMG....Y'all are a Trip!!!! Hahahahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
We are a very technical group and are always on call to help others.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The one thing this thread DOES teach is that most of us here have a good - possibly slightly warped sense of humor.:laughhard:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Ya know, It looks to me to resemble the flow restrictor on a bottle of blinker fluid.
Have you changed your Halogen Gel this season?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts