Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, on the left side of our Speed Four at the rear of the tank seems to be a hose that has a lot of drainage....looks like oil, does NOT smell like gas....

anyone know what it is?? and should we be concerned....theres enough drainage to run down over the bike.

·
Registered
509 Posts
rear of the tank? looks like its the airbox breather. If you're getting alot of oil out of it the could be time o change the .... cant remember the name... oil pressure switch gasket? on the other side of the engine. at extended high speed oil can leak up to the airbox from the engine and out that drain pipe. I had mine chaged not that long ago. too much/many long motorway rides. it nac go in other ways too, you can also get oil out of it for other reasons too. but I think thats what youre looking at. youll get better answer out of someone else here no doubt. its no biggie, if the oil gets more sonstant then might be a concern, also keep an eye on your oil level :)
theres actually a plug you can put in the hose an now and then lets the build up out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts