Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With encouragement from propforward I am going to give this a try.

How old were you when you bought your Modern Classic retro bike (Bonnie, Scrambler, Thrux, America, Spdmstr, or other make?)

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I'm 32 but bought my first modern retro when they werent so retro and that was a 1984 Yamaha Seca 400 cafe racer.

Now I have my 07 Bonnie Black.

·
30,188 Posts
Great idea for a poll!

Nice one James - and apologies - I think I was screwing you around unwittingly while you were trying to set it up! I tried to PM you but it looks like you're not accepting PMs.

Not to worry, you got it there despite my "help" :rolleyes:, so good deal!

Oh yeah - 38 FWIW.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Around 2001, when the Bonneville derivatives came out, there was a joke going around that the average age of a New Bonneville owner was 103 :D. That has certainly changed over the years. BTW, I'm 36

-brent

·
Registered
25 Posts
58. Didn't have anything to do with retro though. I bought it 'cause it looked cool, like a real motorcycle and I didn't have to kick it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
57 here, and I bought it cause it just felt right and brought me back to the essence of motorcycling. Thanks Triumph...

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Around 2001, when the Bonneville derivatives came out, there was a joke going around that the average age of a New Bonneville owner was 103 :D. That has certainly changed over the years. BTW, I'm 36

-brent
I've owned my Bonnie 2 years and I'm 65 - you young'ens need to learn to respect your elders. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yup, 60 here. Thanks to my daughter getting the VStar first. Those Triumphs I remember from the late 60s in college always looked good. After 12000 in the last year, the bike still runs like a charm. I always said get a Triumph, half the price of a Harley. In fact, got my eyes on the Bonneville SE. I think the wife will even go along with it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How old were you when you bought your Modern Classic retro bike (Bonnie, Scrambler, Thrux, America, Spdmstr, or other make?)
53 years young this past August. And I feel like I'm only 19 now that I'm riding again! If only I had ridden a Triumph in college instead of a Honda :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
26...although not my first bike. The first bike I bought is a Daytona 675. Having a Daytona and a Bonneville complements each other perfectly

·
Registered
54 Posts
I guess when I was 24, since my Sportster at the time looked like it did in 1958. It took me 7 Harleys and 12 yrs to find the most magnificent retro, my 07 Bonnie Black ! I'm now 36.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Physical or mental

I was 60 but I did have to rejet :). Was riding a /5 Beemer but the Bonnie is much better for longer rides. Not as pretty as my old 69 Bonnie but so much nicer to ride.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Serendipitous Encounter

63 - and if I hadn't met a young guy on a Speed Triple, wouldn't have even known about the T-Bird. I thought he was referring to my age when he asked me if I had looked at the T-Bird. I said "you mean what Marlon Brando rode in The Wild One?", to which he replied "Who's Marlon Brando?" to which I replied "What T-Bird are YOU talking about?". went home, found one online, and the rest is....*G*

·
Registered
725 Posts
"Ve grow too soon old,and too late shmart"

A quote from my paternal grandfather.
Just two weeks shy of my 51st birthday I brought the 2008 T-100 home. A far cry from the old BSA in terms of reliability, oil leaks and working electrics.
Riding every chance I get and enjoying it more each day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm 31 and my bonnie black is my first bike.

I was convinced that I wanted a ducati monster or sv650. That is until I saw a new bonnie and found out they had reissued it. Knowing I could have a bonneville without the headaches of having to restore it.

That sealed the deal and I was obsessed with the bonnie until the day I got one...actually I'm still kinda obsessed.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts