Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the valve cover gasket, your cam gear bolt access is through this spot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. So there’s nothing to be done short of pulling the whole valve cover head off it then? Sadness.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Thank you very much. So there’s nothing to be done short of pulling the whole valve cover head off it then? Sadness.
Hi,

Taking the cover off is no big deal, and it gives you a good excuse to check the valve clearances ;). I always make sure there's enough gasket sealer in that area, and just clear off the excess as I tighten down the cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Taking the cover off is no big deal, and it gives you a good excuse to check the valve clearances ;). I always make sure there's enough gasket sealer in that area, and just clear off the excess as I tighten down the cover.
Thank you! I suspect I’ll be back soon. I guess it’s a good time to be stuck at home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's an easy job, and gives you the chance to check and fix as necessary the pesky IACV Valve air hoses on the throttle butterflies after you've taken off the airbox too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! I see that! Their little connectors are brittle and crumbled! I thought I’d wrap a tape of sone kind (electrical?) around them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It won't work. I tried tape, self amalgamating tape , Heatshrink - all without real success. I bought some 6mm silicone hose - as per photo...

1. 721699

1 - 9 of 9 Posts