Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a very basic glove to where, wrist length, able to use during the 50 degree fall rides. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
try MAW, a big motorcycle parts whse place that has sales on discontinued and overstock items.
I got a really nice pair of 70 dollar gloves for 25 bucks, plain black gauntlets with gel palm and kevlar back.
they have sales all the time
G

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
The Triumph vented gloves are real good in that weather. I wear mine in even cooler weather and my hands are not frozen.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I just picked up a pair of these - I have some NICE gloves, but this was too good a deal to pass up as a $10 closeout. I was amazed when I got 'em - pittard palm, great feel on the controls, perfect for 50-70 degree days. The only drawback is that I HATE ridin' around with the word "Rocket" showin'.

Joe Rocket Reactor gloves on closeout

·
Registered
589 Posts
Whats wrong with just going to Wal-Mart or Target to pick a pair up if you are only going to WEAR/use them for a few rides here and there in the cold weather!

Nathan

·
Registered
495 Posts
i also wear the Alpinestars SP-S' glove . only thing i have noticed is that the leather on my left index finger is wearing a little bit faster than the rest of the glove. still the coolest glove around.

·
Registered
495 Posts
my cold weather glove is the triumph cloth kevlar glove (no longer available) looks like a butch winter glove good for throwing snowballs. bought in haste at my dealership - way over priced an not cool but support your local dealership.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I bought some Joe Rocket's from Newenough.com--they were on closeout. They were also for colder Wx--I didn't look for warmer Wx gloves.

Larry

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I am a Glove Whore.

For COLD weather, Tourmaster Cold Front Carbons.

For most warm weather,
Cortech Accelerators.

However, I'm almost liking the Joe Rocket Reactors better, at 1/5 the price.

For track days, I have an older model Cortech that is no longer offered - too bad. Great glove with carbon fiber armor, aramid threading, etc.

When summer really kicks in, I'll see how the Joe Rocket Razor Mesh gloves work (couldn't pass 'em up at $15).

I also have a pair of Shift Racing's Brawler glove, which is a decent enough street glove for general use.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Before you buy just make sure to SMELL THE GLOVE ! It's the only way to be sure, innit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.