Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I guess I've sting by the street triple (or striper as I like to call it). But before I commit I would like to know from current owners how is the bike reliability?

I know no bike is without its faults, and would like to know which kind of trouble I must prepare to live with. I've heard the engine (Daytona 675) its a peach but it is also relatively new.Any teething problems?

I know I might sound paranoiac, but I came from BMW's (GS in particular) and the current R1200x crop has got more than its share of gremmligs, and I don' want to get myselft into that again. :mad:

Thanks for your comments!

Regards,
Mane

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had lots of little issues with mine. Leaky oil pressure sensor that took 3 weeks to replace, kickstand fell down while I was riding once, annoying buzz coming from rear subframe, tough startups sometimes.

I love the bike though, and those things aren't enough that it would deter me from buying again.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Perfect mechanical reliability on mine for the 18 months I've had it, and the best bike I've ever owned for starting in all weather conditions.

Nothing has fallen off or dropped down on mine, but I've got a good mechanic who actually checks everything for tightness that the maintenance checklists say to check. If I miss something, he finds it. Only annoyance I've had is that the piece of spring steel that's supposed to retain your clutch cable setting tends to snap off at the slightest provocation; got to be especially careful about that if you ever have to trailer it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments! The annoyances you mention seems reasonable to me. I think I may pull the trigger this week.

Would you care to mention the model year as well as your current mileage?

Regards,
Mane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts