·
Registered
7,384 Posts
More

Attachments

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Last few. This was a very popular show again. There was an auction scheduled for sunday. Guide for a Kawasaki Z1 is £20,000. The Ariel single near the end of the pics was guided at £10,000. Even old 30 year old Honda 900s had £4000 prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mainly service items today in preparation for mild enough weather to take it out for a run. Valves clearances checked and adjusted, oil levels checked, spark plugs cleaned and gapped, chain lubed, swingarm greased, carb idle circuits flushed through with cleaner, battery connected to make sure all of my wiring still works (it does), I resisted the temptation to start the bike.

I noticed last year that despite having a large weight attached to one of the spokes the front wheel is out of balance. At normal riding speeds it’s not apparent but I was having a ‘wonder what it’ll do’ moment and it became bad enough for me to re-consider. I could re-balance it but I thought I’d try Dynabeads, I removed the weight and put 1oz of them in both the front and rear tubes. Internet opinions are polarised so we’ll see if they work.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I rode 4 of the fleet today: 1 low battery, 1 low tire, 1 loose speedo cable, and lots of cleaning. Spider webs! I'm embarassed. 3 started with 2 kicks. The 73 T150, I forgot the start procedure: Mikuni richeners on and minimal throttle. I'll ride 3 more next week maybe. The big item on the to do list is an inlet valve guide on the T150. Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
+ 1 on the blue scrambler.
The only changes I would make would be, knobbly tyre on the front, change the bates headlamp for a 5 3/4 lucas (with mesh screen) and pit some gaffa tape over the split in the seat.
Great patina, It looks like a proper trail warrior .

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
That's Mr Nasty. I ride it on the dirt county roads going up mountain canyons close to my house. It is usually much dirtier than the picture. 73 TR7 is my easiest starter and has 9.5 pistons and a Megacycle exhaust cam. It's very nimble and pulls like a tractor up hills. The 8th video (click 2nd half of line below then TR7RV) is 1/4 mile west of my house in Redstone Canyon. I bought it totally in pieces for $400. I could assembly it any way I wanted, but mostly light and cheap. I had problems with the initial tune until I changed to 1 step hotter plugs.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I decided to look at why my conical hub front brake suddenly failed last week. Lever right up to the handlebar so i was able to gain a bit back with the lever adjuster. I guessed it was one of the adjuster cams having slipped. It was when taken apart. One had good teeth and the other was quite well worn. Lucky i had a spare complete brake plate i put together a few weeks ago so that is now fitted.
Not often i would look at those little cams so watch out because this could slip at any time. I will check mine from now on every time i have the hub apart for cleaning out the dust.
The replacement unit had cams with no wear and a very positive click when adjusting.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hi.

While consulting with my mechanic friend on the next step for my rebuild, I learned that he had recently inherited a T100 1955 Tiger.
Here are some shots.

R R

·
Registered
11,475 Posts
First ride this Year! The 72 started right up on this "mild" +4*C. bright morning. I did not ride the last few months because it was either snowing, too icy on the roads or raining. It has been an odd winter this year.

I do not winterize the bike because I normally ride regularly through the winter. Surprisingly though, this winter even though I did not ride, carbs were not gummed up, old gas from November still okay, and even the cables did not stick. Bike idled perfectly at lights. Very impressive for a 48 year-old!

Passed through the park to surprise some squirrels that have not heard me ride by for a while. People were playing hockey at the ice rink and others right across from them playing a round of tennis at the tennis courts (see background in pics).
20200223_094300.jpg
20200223_094510.jpg
20200223_094743.jpg
20200223_091533.jpg

Spring is so close now!

·
Premium Member
9,702 Posts
Don't you find the chrome tank a pain with the sun behind you? My t140e has a chrome instrument binnacle (like a trident) and with the sun behind me it's annoying. Serves me right but bling was important back then.
Our band used to have mirror tinted windows and following it could be hazardous if the sun was wrong!

·
Registered
11,475 Posts
Picture 3 tree murals on the tank look good. I bet they all fade away when you ride off.
The "murals" are like an endless continuous art exhibit. When one fades away another one begins. Some of the cityscapes when I ride downtown look pretty great. I will try and take some pics this Spring.

5761 - 5780 of 5960 Posts