Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Managed to order a NOS front hub for my `71 TR6 today from England.I`ve been looking for one for some time and now thanks to Webby it looks like my search is over.Of course I won`t be celebrating until I actually have it in my hands.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Today it`s off to the shop to work on the `73,fixing the frame where it was improperly welded together,but not before I check in on my friend`s Harley,the one I laced the new wheels for a couple of weeks ago.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
I find it hard to believe that no one has done anything with their vintage Triumph over the last several days,nonetheless I`ll be continuing my frame beutification efforts today on my `73.

Some moron reattached the rear of the top frame loop without the up kick,so yesterday I managed to heat both sides of the frame simultaniously with a torch to restore the proper angle to the loop.The rear fender was mounted so low that the tire was rubbing the inside and being gouged by a couple of bolts!The lovely black rust paint should be dry today for the reattachment of the fender and other bits.Too bad that the same moron was too lazy to mount the correct grab rail,it too is bent and poorly fitted.I think it came from a `71 or `72 and does not fit the `73.I will put it back on for now but it needs replacing to make things look right.

:GoodLookin

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Went to the shop today to continue work on the `73,got half way through the rear tire removal,then had to help with snow removal chores for an hour and a half.I`m getting too old for this snow shovelling crap!!!!!!!!!

Got the wheel up on the trueing stand and soaked the badly rusted nipples(there`s that word again)with WD 40,hope I can loosen them without breakage tomorrow.

I almost forgot to mention ,on the way to the shop I bought some side covers from a young guy planning to make a bobber by putting a `74 motor into a triple frame.I decided not to tell him what I thought of the idea,best not to discourage the youngsters until they`ve had some good old fashioned experience I reckon.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Yesterday I spray painted the`73 motor mount plates,the rear brake stay and the swing arm with the finest $3.79 a can paint.Today it`ll be the rear parts of the frame that I can get to with some equally fine black brushed rust paint.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts