Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Today the temp climbed to a tropical +4c so I re-fitted the primary case and took the old tart out to test the new clutch springs I fitted several weeks ago before the temp dropped to "freeze the nads off a polar bear" clutch works perfectly but the bike somehow didn't sound 100%,when I got home I realised it was because it the first time I had ridden it wearing a full face lid !! DOH !!
Bill.

· Registered
162 Posts
Last weekend I did a rattle can job on the BSA side panels, today the sun came out so I fitted them to my Tiger, oh yes the wife found cans of Sheperd Neame Spitfire in the hypermarket 1.30 Euro per pint can, happy days indeed !
Bill.

Attachments

· Registered
162 Posts
Nice job Bill! Those look great, very professional looking job. Did you ever paint your tank, or still polished?

The best thing I've done for my bike recently is buy a 55 gallon drum of Phillips 100 octane race fuel. Street legal, no metals like lead, so I can use it in my new bike too, and zero ethanol so I can store it longer.

Everyone ride safely,

Ron
Hi Ron, thanks, yes my tank is still polished but I am going to paint it myself, this job has given me the confidence to tackle the tank, as this is only the second time I have used rattle cans, the first time was a disaster so I have been a little reluctant since, the side panels were in a real mess when I got them so the tank, which is as new doesn't seem as scary now,
regards,
Bill.

Attachments

· Registered
162 Posts
Those don't look bad, Bill. That's just heavy patina.

Those panels came out great. And they look correct on the bike. What model BSA were they from?

I've been giving some thought to using the side panel and tank from my '66 to make a couple of molds so I can make fiberglass side panels for OIF bike. It's very low on the priority list, though.

regards,
Rob
Hi Rob, sorry but I don't know what model BSA they came from they were among a whole pile of stuff in boxes marked "BSA" that my mate bought of a dead guy's brother,so we can't ask the PO either,
regards,
Bill.

· Registered
162 Posts
That must be a very sad day for you Bill, but good luck with the sale Have a look here http://www.legendmotorcycles.fr/index.php?p=moto_detail&im=205 to give you a rough idea of what old Triumphs go for in France (did you register the bike in France?)
If you ever need a Triumph fix, give me a shout, the Bonnie is currently in Belgium and the Speed Triple is in Bordeaux.

All the best

Webby
Hi Brian, I am currently in the process of French registration, but as it is only 110 euro plus the cost of a new plate I thought I would test the water and see if I can tempt someone as is, the bike is going on Le bon coin later today, no rush,did I actually type that!! I must have been here in France to long, as you rightly said in your email last week old Brit bikes are changing hands in France for very good money at the moment, it would be foolish of me to miss the boat, I hope your house move went well,
regards,
bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts