Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

2001 - 2013 of 2013 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Calling for foul weather next week, just got back with antifreeze, plugs, oil, brake fluid. I am also going to replace the Volvo fan switch with an OEM unit, the modification works fine but I hate the way it keeps running after shutting the bike down. It is the yearly maintenance on the TBS. Sadly it is a 12 month thing, no way do I put enough miles on it to base it on road use. Thinking about selling the whole damn herd and buying a British sports car, that should be more than enough to keep me busy........
DSC03873.JPG

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Calling for foul weather next week, just got back with antifreeze, plugs, oil, brake fluid. I am also going to replace the Volvo fan switch with an OEM unit, the modification works fine but I hate the way it keeps running after shutting the bike down. It is the yearly maintenance on the TBS. Sadly it is a 12 month thing, no way do I put enough miles on it to base it on road use. Thinking about selling the whole damn herd and buying a British sports car, that should be more than enough to keep me busy........
View attachment 714848
I have the stock fan switch and my fan keeps running after I shut off the bike as well. I can’t imagine it would be a detriment for the fan to run 30 seconds or so more once the bike is shut down. IMHO...

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Caught my throttle cable literally by a thread (or 2).

Remarkably difficult to both remove the old one, and to get the new cam in the slot on the carbs. You almost have to pull it through, and then double it back on itself. Hard not to kink it.
20191219_102252.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replacing my Mikunis with a set of Keihins and converting to a completely open airbox today :)

Going, 140 mains, 42 pilots, thruxton needles and 2.5 turns out on airscrews (I'm at sea level). Hopefully that's a good start!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replacing my Mikunis with a set of Keihins and converting to a completely open airbox today :)

Going, 140 mains, 42 pilots, thruxton needles and 2.5 turns out on airscrews (I'm at sea level). Hopefully that's a good start!

View attachment 716343
Conversion went well, but I'm worried water might find its way into the crank breather. Did you guys install a separate crank case breather filter when opening the airbox? Next, I will replace the plugs and balance the carbs.

Exhaust seems louder now as well, did others notice that when increasing the air intake dramatically?

Also, installed some bar end mirrors, these were bought on Ebay from Hong Kong for €25. They are advertised as stainless but we shall see!!! After a test ride I can conclude that the vision is great at least :)

2001 - 2013 of 2013 Posts