Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Triumph is now sharing the garage with his american cousin, a 2009 HD Fat Bob. Over the years, I've gone around and around on wanting to get a cruiser but was never ready for it. While I was in Afghanistan I took advantage of a Harley Davidson military sales program. I figured that since it'd been 10 years since I bought my Speed 3, it was time for a new bike. The delima is whether or not to let my Triumph go. Hard to get rid of a bike that does everything well.

Being that I'm a little older than I was 10 years ago I need something that doesn't draw the hooligan out in me (as much). Still keeping the Triumph until the wife presses the issue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Triumph is now sharing the garage with his american cousin, a 2009 HD Fat Bob. Over the years, I've gone around and around on wanting to get a cruiser but was never ready for it. While I was in Afghanistan I took advantage of a Harley Davidson military sales program. I figured that since it'd been 10 years since I bought my Speed 3, it was time for a new bike. The delima is whether or not to let my Triumph go. Hard to get rid of a bike that does everything well.

Being that I'm a little older than I was 10 years ago I need something that doesn't draw the hooligan out in me (as much). Still keeping the Triumph until the wife presses the issue.

Ditch the fatboy... I just switched from a cruiser to a triple and I'm closing in on 50. I'll never go back to a cruiser.

·
Registered
936 Posts
10 year old S3, Did you try the 1050??I'm close to 50 too, and you don't have to have hooligan tendancy's to ride the 1050........It help's though.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I've riden a 1050. Almost bought one in '06 but I didn't see it as a big enough difference in what I already had to justify the purchase. Plus, I like the body style of my '99 a little better.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Blasphemer! Let the wall of shunning begin.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice bike. I have been thinking of buying one also. If the S3 isnt costing you anything other than gas and insurance I would hold onto it. I cant imagine not having a Triumph even if there is a Harley next to it. That Harley is nice but it will never beat the seat o'the pants fun factor of your triple. No matter how old your are. :D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I think the Triple and the HD are fine looking bikes. I'll echo previous sentiments...

If you can keep them both, do!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Keep Both Bikes! As long as you have the space and the funds you'll never regret having the two bikes. I currently enjoy having a HD Roadglide and a Triumph Speedtriple. I find that there are days that it's only natural for me to want to ride one rather than the other. I really appreciate the differences between the two bikes.
So keepem and enjoy them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just sold my Harley to buy a Triumph, but I sure hope to have another HD again someday. When I'm old. heh. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts