Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

321 - 340 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
And gun threads are one of those that can easily degenerate into that. This one is teetering on the verge and I am sore tempted to close it.
I'll leave you kids to talk about guns. Don't close it on my part. But can I point out that saying "One state is wrong to restrict guns" is just as political as saying "One state is wrong for NOT restricting them". But anyway, I've already closed a gun thread, so I'll stay out of this one.

But not before I talk a little more about crotchless trousers:

No excuses on the chaps...I work in the Operating Room and I see the result of hitting pavement with out proper protection...if you do not wear appropriate protection ...you will love what is in store for you ...months of skin grafts and healing ...:D
Hey, I'm all for ATGATT, of course. I never ride without the right gear.

But you're right, there is no excuse for chaps. :)

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
So you don't worry about atgatt for your crotch then?

Or the derriere for that matter.

Not that I'm fascinated by your nethers, you understand.
LMAO......:D I have steel mesh briefs...to ensure the boys are protected....:eek:

Dem...actually thinking of up grading to riding pants with all the appropriate padding with all the riding I have been doing...lol

·
30,008 Posts
Wouldn't you worry about steel getting seriously hot from abrading on the asphalt and burning the family jewels? I'd prefer full leather pants to chaps, but that's not the topic of this thread.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Full leather pants = Biker (Cool).
Crotchless trousers = Cowboy (Village People).

Just sayin. :)

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Back to a National CCP...it would ensure objective standards to qualify, education, back round checks and the hold out states would have to follow the national standard. It would also ensure that states with loose laws or guidelines for CCP would have to meet the national standard..it would be good on both sides in other words...JMOP...:)

As fro the mechanical ...I highly recommend Glock. They are simple to use but yet they have an excellent safety in place. The ease of use, reliability, accuracy are just a few resons why I choose Glocks...

·
Driftless Admin
11,415 Posts
Again proper education....and to assume that people with CCP are all rambos is just plain ignorant.
Of course, you know I didn't say that Lee. I suppose it is equally ignorant to assume everyone with a CCP is suited to carry, especially in states like here in Wisconsin where basically no training is required. It's those folks that worry me. Based on my interactions with folks at the range, those unsuited folks are not rare.

Me, I was camping alone in the UP this summer off my bike, and did consider carrying to protect myself from drunks and bears and such. But, frankly, in a clearer moment I felt silly to even consider it. I'm able to handle myself just fine without. Those of you who are worried about your rights to protect yourselves by carrying should also consider our rights not to be shot in the back. While you are so worried about protecting yourself, you're giving us more things we need to protect ourselves from.

At any rate, it was another of these strange warm January days here in Wisconsin. We got together with friends and headed out to the range. Most splendid it was:

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
bonnie as of July 2011 your state senate starting working on the CCP it is still in progess. By the way I did several IBs this past summer and when my tire went I found the Wisc. residients and the Triumph dealer extremely helpful. There was only two in Wisc. and I was fortunate to end up at the door steps of the one opened on Mondays...they were great. Your state gets high grades from me for showing courtesy and assistance.

·
Driftless Admin
11,415 Posts
bonnie as of July 2011 your state senate starting working on the CCP it is still in progess. By the way I did several IBs this past summer and when my tire went I found the Wisc. residients and the Triumph dealer extremely helpful. There was only two in Wisc. and I was fortunate to end up at the door steps of the one opened on Mondays...they were great. Your state gets high grades from me for showing courtesy and assistance.
I knew you were up at Sport Rider that day Lee, someone had posted an update on your ride that day. I briefly thought about running up there, but figured I wouldn't make it up there in time. They are good folks over there.

WI DOJ is overrun with CCP permit apps right now, they're issuing them as fast as they can but are falling behind the legislative mandated timelines. A few hours in a hotel conference room getting training for about $100 is all you need, along with a background check. No range time required at all. I'm not sure you even need that training right now. One Republican state senator was explaining that it wasn't really the government's place to tell citizens how much training they needed, it was their personal choice. Not sure I understand that logic though.

Anyways, if you're ever out this way again let me know and I'll take you to our beautiful rural range and buy you a beer. In that order ;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm doing pretty good boycotting cheap crap made in China. It's not so hard to do if you apply yourself.

I'm thinking a nice CCW would be a Springfield EMP on one of their small frame 45s...
Yep me too! Been finding a lot more stuff not made in china simply by avoiding Wall-mart!

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
yes the owner was great...he gave me a chair ...water and told me to just have a seat and relax while his crew look like an indie pit crew....I could never say enough about the man..and his crew.

I trained a long time in the service ...they beat safety into me and I went from not being able to hit the side of a barn ...even if I was in the barn to being on the rifle pistol team and getting marksmen awards.. I am a firm believer in classroom and on the range education, backround checks and of course strict laws that punish anyone commiting crimes with a hand gun. That includes being negligent as well. This is why I am for a national carry permit to govern CCP

·
Driftless Admin
11,415 Posts
I am a firm believer in classroom and on the range education, backround checks and of course strict laws that punish anyone commiting crimes with a hand gun. That includes being negligent as well. This is why I am for a national carry permit to govern CCP
Yeah, I'm on board with that. I dropped out of the NRA many years ago when they were fighting against instant background checks. And they are lobbying hard right now in WI against the kind of training/laws you're talking about. But exactly what you said sounds like reasonable middle ground to me. If you want to carry, get the training and understand you are liable for mistakes you might make. It should at least me as hard to get a CCP as a drivers license, IMO. I had a fun weekend doing MSF training for the bike, I wouldn't mind at all doing something similar over a weekend that involved gunpowder :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
At any rate, it was another of these strange warm January days here in Wisconsin. We got together with friends and headed out to the range. Most splendid it was
Today was a nice day to go to the range here as well. The other half and I spent a few hours there and end enjoyed meeting a few new people that recently were accepted for membership.

Those folks who are not suited seem to be rare here but our range is not government funded and you must be a member of the club to get threw the gate!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't have one, but if i did, i'd find one that had the same type of holster that i saw for a Makarov. It's like a regular holster when using it from the top. You can also push the weapon down out of the holster. When you do that, it works the slide which loads and cocks the weapon. It's a really quick and smooth action.

Something like that is prolly illegal here in California, though. :(

A nasty look is illegal in California....

·
Registered
848 Posts
I always carry my Aqua Protect. Full auto.

It's neat, reliable, solid. Plus it gives the ''bad guy'' a good squirt....:rolleyes:

When you get ready, take the on guard position, aim, spray and pray.

He's history.

Casper:eek:

PS sorry to not take the thread very seriously - we can't own guns here in the UK (well pistols anyway).

PPS OK OK I know. I'll squirt off back to the other thread Sorry!

321 - 340 of 341 Posts