Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

What goggles do you wear?

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  bonniesaltrat 
#1 ·
I have been eye-balling the Davida line of helmets and goggles just for something different and classic.

I really like the Davida classic jet helmet and was wondering what goggles people really liked and why?

Looking for something classic and they need to fit over glasses.

Thanks....Rick................

#4 ·
I know everyone has their own reasons for wearing glasses but if you just happened to be one of the people who just haven't tried contacts, you might want to give it a go. Especially the disposable kind. I wear my glasses sometimes, but never when riding. Contacts give you much clearer and sharper vision and you get more periphereal vision. No to mention the obvious benefits of not having to deal with taking the glasses on and off and adjusting them in your helmet and vibrations, etc.
Just thought I'd throw that out there. It could really improve your m/c experience. :)
If i didn't have a pre-existing condition that prohibited it, I'd be first in line for Lasik, myself. :(

This pair is meant for over glasses.

[ This message was edited by: d2mini on 2007-03-01 08:24 ]

#5 ·
I agree, d2. If you are riding in rain or worse, fog, glasses of any type are fairly useless. At leaset with a full face helmet and contacts, I can just flip up the shield and not have any obstuction. Sometimes it can be easier on the eyes to wear the glasses. With a full face its simple. When its 80/90/100 degrees outside (which can't happen too soon) I like to wear the MX or open face helmet and use goggles.

#6 ·
The day the optical doc said bi-focals, I said Lasik.
One of the best and easiest things I've done. I still need readers, but not having to wear prescription glasses on the golf course and on the bike has been fabulous.

#7 ·
My stig is soooo bad that they do not make contacts that work - therefor glasses are my life...If some of you are looking for goggles, why dont you just get a bigger lensed sunglasses prescription?
To my dismay, it is hard for me to ever get prescribed sunglasses due to the curvature. You know, I have kick ass genetics but a wrench got thrown in there someplace. Still have my hair, never have had a cavity, still in good shape despite drinking beer and I have coordination skills of a cat - but lo and behold I cant see a F'n thing anymore...

[ This message was edited by: Whitehurst on 2007-03-01 19:28 ]

#14 ·
On 2007-03-01 05:18, sharpshooter wrote:
I have been eye-balling the Davida line of helmets and goggles just for something different and classic.

I really like the Davida classic jet helmet and was wondering what goggles people really liked and why?

Looking for something classic and they need to fit over glasses.

Thanks....Rick................
there is acurrent post on Thruxton forum tha ttalks about all sorts of goggles-check it if you want

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.