Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have at one time or another found what size Metzler Marathon 880 tire size people were running on the front of their speedies. Now time to buy and luck would have it I have had zero luck finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the OE was 110/80/18 but I've been a bit hard pressed to find 880's for that size. The closest I've seen so far are 110/90/18's. They do make the Metzler LaserTracks in 110/80/18's though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I believe the 110/90/18 is the one I will run. I was just concerned with the front fender clearance issue anyone with input on fender interference with the 90 series tire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was curious about clearance too. I'm in the exact situation as you with my 03 America. I was going to do Metzler 880's all around but all I could find were 110/90/18's.

I never did think about the speedo being affected.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The speedo issue is nill since the wife rides it more than I do we'll figure out the +/-. She just hates the way the lazer tek follows the road or does the steering for you as she says. I appreciate all the input and will post with follow up after mounting and a few miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Felt that a update may help others. The Marathon 880 110/90-18 fits fine with no modifications to the fender although it is a tight fit. The bike handles excellent with the new tire and looks nice with the sidewall profile matching the beefy forks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.