Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I still have the stock exhaust on my Daytona 650 but will be getting a one off exhaust done from Competition Werkz since they are only 20 minutes from where I live...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have got a Beowulf can on at the moment. But I have also got a Triumph after market can that seems to be almost straight through. It's louder than the Beowulf (too loud) and longer/heavier.

It may well be going on eBay!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have got a Beowulf can on at the moment. But I have also got a Triumph after market can that seems to be almost straight through. It's louder than the Beowulf (too loud) and longer/heavier.

It may well be going on eBay!
Mine's got the Triumph "race" pipe on it, and yeah it's pretty much straight through. Although it sounds good, it's pretty stinkin' loud. My wife always has the garage door opened up for me because she can hear me coming home. If I decide to keep the bike long term I might look into something a bit more quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Mine's got the Triumph "race" pipe on it, and yeah it's pretty much straight through. Although it sounds good, it's pretty stinkin' loud. My wife always has the garage door opened up for me because she can hear me coming home. If I decide to keep the bike long term I might look into something a bit more quiet.
TOR can, or "Triumph Off Road". Come in CF and stainless steel. Why change it out? The whole point of owning an inline four is to hear it scream!

I have the CF TOR can that is missing a bolt (hole) and has had a ruff life (more holes) so it is even more loud! It has an Akropovic exhast decal replacement (heat-proof) simply for a yellow accent and resell value:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
TOR can, or "Triumph Off Road". Come in CF and stainless steel. Why change it out? The whole point of owning an inline four is to hear it scream!

I have the CF TOR can that is missing a bolt (hole) and has had a ruff life (more holes) so it is even more loud! It has an Akropovic exhast decal replacement (heat-proof) simply for a yellow accent and resell value:D
Ah, learn something everyday. I've seen TOR cans/exhausts mentioned, but didn't get the connection. Why change it? Because I'm old and stuffy, ok not really, but it is a bit loud for my tastes. I do like firing it up and cracking it open for visitors though. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Two brothers carbon fiber. If you've never heard Two brothers in person, with checking out, videos do not do it justice. Perfect for my tastes, but to each their own.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Daytona came with an original Two Brothers from 2004, It's got scratch and oxidization. So I think I will replace it with another can. I was going to replace it with a zx6r can direct bolt on rather than slip-on. I was thinking about Yoshimura RS-3

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Daytona came with an original Two Brothers from 2004, It's got scratch and oxidization. So I think I will replace it with another can. I was going to replace it with a zx6r can direct bolt on rather than slip-on. I was thinking about Yoshimura RS-3
Had a yoshi on my r6. Wasn't my style, didn't like the sound...

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Akropovic is the best in my opinion for anything. They make a zx6r can but who knows if you can find it. I want to cut my exhaust down to the fairing and put on the Akrapovic shorty hex cf slip on (modified obviously). Lika thisa! But tha pricea! Fahggetabout it!

http://youtu.be/4WRTGNijRoI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you recommend another brand. Its hard to find one that will fit the D600. I found a FMF I like.
I am the kinda guy that would never even consider just a can if I'm doing the job myself. I'd start at the headers and go back. I'm a completionist. This is how my bike sits this moment. I've only owned the bike for three days, so I have not done much research on what is available, but I'm the kinda guy who is one and done. Spend the money now and get exactly what you want. I rode yoshi pipes for a while. Great company, fantastic product, not my style. When I rode them, it was because I couldn't afford to do anything about them. But please don't get me wrong, if you like the sound, that's a great piece to have on your bike.

I personally like my setup for two reasons. The sound is something I personally like a lot, and if my picture wasn't just horrid, you'd see the exhaust Color scheme actually matches the bike. Kinda ties it all in.

My only advice, do not base what you buy on a video of the bike. Videos and real life are often quite different to the ears.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Akropovic is the best in my opinion for anything. They make a zx6r can but who knows if you can find it. I want to cut my exhaust down to the fairing and put on the Akrapovic shorty hex cf slip on (modified obviously). Lika thisa! But tha pricea! Fahggetabout it!

http://youtu.be/4WRTGNijRoI
www.starcycle-usa.com/catalog/jardine_46-8001-03_lrg.jpg

It's hard to see in that picture, but it's the best I could find. It's called a Jardine shorty. It's a GP style like the one in the video, but probably a bit cheaper. One thing to keep in mind, my friend had that exhaust, we could hear him coming home from a half mile away. Exhaust tone is very unique and quite loud. But if that's your style, more power to you. Just something else to consider. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
GCS92 I have the same Two brothers but in stainless. I like the Jardine shorty, but you will have to cut your standard exhaust pipe and go with a slip on .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts