Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a friend of mine pattern out and sew a leather seat cover for me. We made the patterns, she cut and stitched the seat. I removed the vinal and installed the leather. Looks just like the original. This is on a 2001 Adventurer, if anyone is interested in having one made please contact me and we can discuss cost and the like. Oh she also did the backrest pad. She does superb work

I also recently added a sport fairring, and changed my airbox covers to TBS covers. I really like there look, now I'm trying to decide if I like them better on my bike than the originals. I think I do, just have to get use to it. What do you think?

[ This message was edited by: ecrabbit96 on 2007-01-10 09:36 ]

·
Registered
962 Posts
Looks like your friend did a terrific job on your seat. The airbox covers are looking good as well. I think the whole bike looks nicely integrated.

Question: who makes those saddlebags and brackets?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your appreciation. Thanx to you TexasTri , those are the fork boots you turned me onto.
The saddle bags are made by US Saddle bags.US Saddlebags The mounts are Triumph factory hard bag mounts, and the brackets that mate the two are custom made by yours truely. I do have some crude paint files that show how I made them. I will share them with you if you like.

[ This message was edited by: ecrabbit96 on 2007-01-10 12:28 ]

·
Registered
308 Posts
The seat looks great! I would love to have something like that on my TBird. I have the King/Queen but it's much bulkier. I also put that on same fairing.

Very cool bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts