Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of the jackets/suits that I like have this full sized speed hump on the back. I don't personally dislike them but tend to think it is too racy for what I mostly do on my bike. That is, over the top for riding to work (even though speeds can get more than hiogh enough). I know there is supposed to be an aerodynamic advantage (less buffeting?) and probably crash protection, too.

What do you chaops think of such appendages!!?? Would it prevent you from buying a jacket/suit that you otherwise liked?

Take care - BB

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That one is actually a reasonable size. Some of them are so much longer and voluminous.

Thanks for the pic - BB

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
If you are not on a racetrack and your jacket has a speed hump, you are a poser. Man Law!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am looking at 1pc suits..

Some of them integrate great ventilation and a back protector into the hump.

If you have actually used the suit on track days you can also wear it on the hwy.. Man Law..

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I will accept such an amendment to Man Law - provided said Hump is worn to a track day (on the track, not merely as an observer) before it is worn on public access roadways.

The Scribe Hath Spoken!

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Hi,

My mate has the Tribal pattern Heine Gericke one piece with a detachable hump!! Removed after his pillion kept hitting it!

So it can be done!

Rexx

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think they are a little gimmicky but look great on the right bike i.e. Daytona 955/675

Whatever YOU like and are comfortable with.

·
Registered
357 Posts

Hey CB...is that a wheelie I see there....??
:-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
357 Posts

Hey CB...is that a wheelie I see there....??
:-D :-D :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts