Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
click here

i'm thinking of getting the 2 piece for now, and if i decide to go racing on the track then get a 1 piece. This is mainly for riding on the street and twisties.

here's a 2 piece in red/black to show what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Not bad; see if you can get a discount if you use your own hands. :razz:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
1-piece will probably fit better. If you're chubby at all, the pants on 2-piece suits tend to sag more since they're generally held together with the jacket by an elastic band that stretches. Make sure you get your jacket and pant sizes perfect. I tried on a pair of Triumph pants and had to go a size larger than normal. I usually wear a 34 or 36 waist and had to get a 38 because the thighs were too tight on the 36 I ordered. Now, the 38 fits perfect in the thighs, but the waist is too baggy, lol.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nice suit very well priced. Do you know if it is required to have a one peice suit to go racing or use the tracks? Or can use a 2 peice leather suit that zips into each other.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
full zip is 90% of the time acceptable. The other 10% is usually amateur or roadracing stuff that also has a $hit-ton of other motorcycle-specific requirements like a bellypan that can hold so many quarts of oil in case your motor blows.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-01-21 18:29, kuhlka wrote:
1-piece will probably fit better. If you're chubby at all, the pants on 2-piece suits tend to sag more since they're generally held together with the jacket by an elastic band that stretches. Make sure you get your jacket and pant sizes perfect. I tried on a pair of Triumph pants and had to go a size larger than normal. I usually wear a 34 or 36 waist and had to get a 38 because the thighs were too tight on the 36 I ordered. Now, the 38 fits perfect in the thighs, but the waist is too baggy, lol.
i won't say that i am chubby, actually i am a workout fanatic. so somewhat athletic build, but by no means a huge bodybuilder. I'm about 5'10" 190lbs, 41" chest, 32" waist. This is my first time buying a leather suit, so all opinions are welcome.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I'd research those suits as much as possible, they certainly look good, but that price suggests some major costs savings somewhere. I'm always a bit leery of things like patches sewn on. To me, that's like putting the gold package on a Honda Civic. They are trying to catch buyer's eyes with a bit of bling so maybe they'll overlook something else, like possibly an inferior grade of cowhide.
<BR>
<BR>The features look good though. The keprotech, the stretch panels etc. are the features I like. For another $350 you can get a set of AlpineStars MX1s discounted 2006 models. And they have hard exterior plastic on the shoulders (a common injury point in motorcycle get offs), hard-style back protector with the leathers ($150 value), sliders included (I cant tell if GP includes the sliders), two way zipper (that's one you'll not likely think about until you have to take a squirt).
<BR>
<BR>My advice is to simply shop online for awhile and then call up some folks before you buy. Talk to MotoLiberty here in Dallas. She knows her stuff very well. Also, HelmetHarbor has good well-written reviews of each piece they sell.
<BR>
<BR>Best luck,
<BR>kjazz

[ This message was edited by: kwajazz on 2007-01-22 12:03 ]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2007-01-21 19:08, BUCKET wrote:
Looks good,wish i was that skinny,haven't been able to fit into my bikinis for ages now. :-D :hammer:
i'll take the compliment, if you want, I can hook you up with an exercise program, or you can fly me to aussie, and I'll train ya! :hammer:

·
Registered
643 Posts
This is supposed to be a pretty decent brand - I've seen a review or two on them recently in one of the magazines. The price is also good, and it's a nice looking suit. One thing to consider when looking at one vs. two piece suits is the toilet factor. Two piece suits make this a somewhat easier proposition. I speak from personal experience, however YMMV.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2007-01-21 19:06, kwajazz wrote:
I'd research those suits as much as possible, they certainly look good, but that price suggests some major costs savings somewhere. I'm always a bit leery of things like patches sewn on. To me, that's like putting the gold package on a Honda Civic. They are trying to catch buyer's eyes with a bit of bling so maybe they'll overlook something else, like possibly an inferior grade of cowhide.

The features look good though. The keprotech, the stretch panels etc. are the features I like. For another $350 you can get a set of AlpineStars MX1s discounted 2006 models. And they have hard exterior plastic on the shoulders (a common injury point in motorcycle get offs), hard-style back protector with the leathers ($150 value), sliders included (I cant tell if GP includes the sliders), two way zipper (that's one you'll not likely thing about until you have to take a squirt).

My advice is to simply shop online for awhile and then call up some folks before you buy. Talk to MotoLiberty here in Dallas. She knows her stuff very well. Also, HelmetHarbor has good well-written reviews of each piece they sell.

Best luck,
kjazz
thanks for the tips kjazz, i'm also considering these as well. MotoGP compression suit in black of course!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'd be a little wary of those suits,
This just doesn't look like quality: *****, ***** hackers! Well the close up photo of the red/black suit is off the suit's crooked. And if it's just somthing funky with hoe it was on th eparticular model, it shows a lack of attention to detail. This is th ephoto they're using to show their product to the world and look at it. They just don't look like the best quality, and the price reflects that. I'd stick with a company or brand with a little more expeirience. Check www.metricbikes-superstore.com, they have some great prices and right now they have really good deals on Joe Rocket stuff, i know, iknow kinda squidly, but so are those patches. I'd of made that website a link but, seems I can't post pics or URL's thanks to some lame turk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't read or wasn't able to find on their website what the thickness of the leather is, You want at least a 1.4-1.8 thickness on the leather if you are going to race. Light Trackdays, canyon runs and other non racing forums you would probably be ok. Look at the high end brands and right down their specs and then call This company and ask if they are comparable. I have seen these on Ebay as well and think they look like a Race suit, but would you trust your skin to it. Skin Graphs are painful. I would also check to make sure the two piece has a reinforced zipper and the suit fits. Get measured at a local Tux or Tailor shop with all the measurements and use that as a guide.

My two cents,What do I know, I ride a Harley.

Spanky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts