Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I must say, my most recent pleasure is buying new shiny upgrades for Penny, putting them on, then going for a ride to discover how much they have improved her and made her more fun and enjoyable to ride.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You have virtually all said it. Once you've experienced the feel of the bike moving and the wind in your face, its there for life, FREEDOM, nothing else comes close.
I sold my 1972 MGB GT when I came to Spain which at the time broke my heart, but the BSA has been with me since 1967 so it eventually came over here too. The Bonnie was a decision made to spend some of my children's expected inheritance after my wife died, not regretted it yet. Don't do as much riding as I would like now and being on the wrong side of the road (for a Brit) at times takes some remembering, but wouldn't change that feeling for anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not much to add. As a kid I would ride a dirt bike for hours on end. Didn't get back to it until my 40s and wasn't sure I'd like the road. Was like second nature. Had to give it up for a few years and am back. Still can just ride forever, or until my butt gives out. May look at seats in the future. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love the feeling of true freedom, seeing everyone stare as the T Bird rolls by and the complete different zone I enter. Call it therapy in a sense but everything not related to me and the bike in the moment I am riding is forgotten.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just ask my co workers and wife. I do not ride they all know it. Have had junior welders go out to the parking lot just to see if i finally rode and get off their backs Wife will break out the cold weather gear and say ride as&hole. Placed over 99,000 thousand on a Harley fat-boy that still runs. 2010 to 2015. Bought the Triumph Rocket X in 2015 and got 66,000 showing. Not bragging but love bikes that much. Got a Fiat Abarth bought new in 2013 and has 30,0000 miles on it.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) Lucky for me i live in Oklahoma and even so it may get cold at times snow is really not a problem. Have some really bad arthritis in my Knees and at times have to watch out. Cold weather will lock them up which makes the few stop lights interesting. Have never been a fan for cages. Started out at seventeen on a RD 350 Yamaha. Have and will continue as long as i can throw a leg over will ride. Never even tried to understand it. Kind of like a drug addict when it comes to riding. I do not get my daily fix watch out.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts