Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question really. Post your answers below.馃槑

Registered
Freedom, not being in a box on wheels, the trill, the adventure, the adrenalin, whether on a dirt bike, road bike, riding competition or competing with your mates and the biggest thing, the mateship and the friendships you make on the way, after 45 years of riding and still riding with mates who we all got into bikes at the same time and for me building and restoring my bikes to the way I want them.
Now at 61 my bikes have been my life and its been a great lifestyle for me, since 15 years old I have never been without a bike on the road or out in the bush pushing my bikes to their limits, for me life couldn't get any better being on two wheels.

Ashley

Registered
Yes, beating traffic. Too often, Id come home in a sour mood because of the 1.5 hr stop and go traffic. Now, not only do I feel GREAT coming home (strangely, a feeling not too dissimilar from doing a long ski run), but I save nearly an hour of my life, everyday.

You just can't beat that.

Super Moderator
It's hard to say.... I just love the feeling of being on a bike. The feeling of open. The feeling of the power the bike has. The feeling of acceleration at the twist of the wrist. The feeling of an engine and two wheels.
I also like to work on bikes and the feeling I get accomplishing some repairs or modifications.
It is the one and only thing that I have stuck with my whole life from the age of 14.

Registered
The best remedy when I need a little brain salad surgery. Take a motorbike ride.
Same.

Whenever I ride I don鈥檛 think about the past or the future, only the present moment. It鈥檚 very zen-like for me and I feel very relaxed by the time I park the bike and take off my helmet. It鈥檚 the best/cheapest therapy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
As per other posts, freedom.
Adrenaline, there's no car that can match a big bike for adrenaline overload. It does fade over the decades, but it's still there.
I used to commute across that London every day on a bike, but now only a few times a year. For those who commute on two wheels, I present:

... complete with manic commentary.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts