Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i negotiated the price and accessories for my triple on 4/3. i put 1000 deposit down. got an 09 white w/ seat cowl, bellypan, rear hugger, fly screen (all white) below msrp of 11299. dealer told me triumphusa sent those acc. with the bike to the dealership, that's why he was able to give me that price. he wasnt charged for them. i got sick and was busy w/ work and finally picked up on 4/17 and didnt do any further research. on 4/19 i found that on 4/13 triumphusa came out w/ $750 in acc or gear or 5.9% financing on 09's. they previously only had this deal on 08's when i was quoted. i called triumphusa and they said i qualify for this deal. when i called the dealership, they gave me the run-around and didnt even return my calls. when i finally got them on the phone they told me they can't do anything bc the bill of sale is already completed. the dealership said they'll give me my first service. that's what approx 200? i do plan on getting my maintenance done at this dealership. service there is highly reputable. i called triumphusa again and they said all the dealership has to do is print out a form off the triumph dealership website and send it in. what do you guys think i should do? should i just be happy w/ the deal i got or should i keep pressing the issue? i know the dealer is bs-ing me.
thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
if it was me, i would contact triumph-usa again, this time via e-mail. the response will be documented. you can go down there e-mail in hand, or forward it to them so their response is also documented. triumph-usa is usually good at giving dealers that bs a spanking.

you are basically getting shorted because the dealer is being lazy, or they genuinely dont know how to solve ur issue. either way, i would take $750 in free acc/gear over an oil change and a thumbs up anyday. I doubt they are intentionally doing anything shady, but you never know. Did you speak with the salesman, service window guy? These guys will always brush you off, much more effective to go to the department managers, these guys are the problem solvers.

good luck, and congrats on the new bike. funny how happy you were knowing you got a great deal, only to find out it was just a good deal. I have never bought an auto or bike without leaving with the feeling that i just got screwed someway, somehow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts