Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was parked outside a local coffee house, a beautiful Austin Healey pulls up (first pic). It got me thinking how I'd love to have another British classic in the garage. But alas, my own classic is American, '64 GTO. (second pic)

I figure many in the Twin crowd would appreciate the craftsmanship of classic motors. Let's see. What do you drive?

·
Registered
41 Posts
These days? Mostly a mini minivan (the Mazda 5). Kids + car seats = sliding doors.

What do I wish I was driving? Not a British classic. The only vintage motor I'll entertain would be powering an Italian scooter.

I really like the new Subaru BRZ, even if it is really not my style, nor consistent with the Bonnie. But hey, it may be the best value in fun driving ever.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Goo-please tell me you race that Yugo! I actually looked into turning one into a super-cheap autocross car back when I was racing Alfas. I planned to let fellow club members who were too scared to drive their real cars take it out for a weekend in a 'how fast can Yugo' challenge. Hey, it's just a Fiat after and if it's Italian you know it wants to race!

·
Registered
559 Posts
My obsession with cars ended when I got my first bike. I don't even own a car anymore. My fiancé drives a Toyota Echo/Yaris, which I take the keys for sometimes.
I used to have two RX7s and a Mitsubishi Galant VR4 though. They were fun I guess, but made me very poor.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
1999 BMW 323 saloon.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My work car (company car) is a Mazda 3 maxx sport & our own car is a RAV4 Crusier, but I spend most Sundays riding the Thruxton, Scrambler or XR400R & the wife might join me on the XT2520 or 2up on the Scrambler

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Daily driver is an '11 Grand Cherokee (I work on behalf of the Chrysler Group), toy is a '73 TR6. Damn good thing I like to tinker...it truly is a labor of love (or frustration). :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
113 Posts

2006 X Type Jaguar

·
Registered
223 Posts
work vehicle - Mitsubishi Triton GLXR
my car - 1961 Mk2 Jaguar 3.4litre 4speed with overdrive, E'type Jag triple SU carbies & E'type high lift cams have had it for 37 years

·
Registered
844 Posts
I sold my car six months after I got me Speedmaster in 2006. My wife drives a F250 diesel that I drive when we are traveling when she gets tired. We also have a 76 Midget that I am trying to get back on the road, now that I am retired I should have the time. When my wife told me I needed to buy a new bike because of the mileage on the Speedmaster I instead bought a 01 RS as second bike. This way I will always have a bike to ride. I only use 4 wheels when I can't get what I need to on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
972 Posts
2009 Ford Mustang GT California Special with 5-speed manual,
2011 F150 Ford Truck,
2010 Ford Escape

(retired from Ford Motor Co, so yes, I drive Fords)

·
Registered
312 Posts
After 20 years of British roadsters...Tr6's, MGB's, Sprites etc...in 1990 I went for a Miata, and never looked back. When i swapped out my Meriden Bonnie for an SE 2 years ago, I thought of it the same way. The Miata and the new Bonnie are fuel injected, electronic ignitioned and otherwise bulletproof. At this point in my life, I like that!

Every once in a while i think about a vintage bike or another Tr6, maybe an Elan...and then I remember about adjusting the brakes every few months, adding oil to the carbs, greasing the water pump, checking for whatever the PO has corrupted....and go for a drive instead.

One minor note, my current Miata is a 1993 (the first was totaled by an idiot driver t-boning me in '92). It's getting just old enough to feel like a vintage car...and still bulletproof (original clutch!).

1 - 20 of 143 Posts