Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Somebody Tell Me What I Have Here? This Bike Was Givin To Me, But I'm New To The Triumph Scene, I Got These Numbers Off Of The Bike. The Frame Has T100r H 57855, The Engine Has Eg 57405. It Has Dual Carbs On It, But Don't Know If This Is Factory Or Not. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. I GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, IS WHAT THE NAME OF THE BIKE IS, (BONNEVILLE, TIGER...) WHAT SIZE IS THE ENGINE. THANX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures help; ride it on up, and I'll take them for you!
GOTTA FIND OUT WHAT I GOT, THEN GET IT RUN'N. KINDA BEEN SETTING OUTSIDE SINCE AROUND "75". ITS A GOOD THING ITS BEEN OUT HERE, WHERE IT DOES'NT SEEM TO EVER FREAK'N RAIN!!! I'LL GET SOME PICS POSTED HERE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
triumphtrick, I can be wrong but it sounds like a 500 cc T100R. A single carb'd version was the T100C.

Brad

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

I am not an expert, but your post is still open, so some details I found in a book.... (I am sure somebody will correct any mis-information).

I believe your machine is a 1973 T100R Daytona. The frame manufacture looks to be July 1973, so I guess it is one of the late 1971-1973 490cc twins with twin carbs, and indicators. Some of the last Daytonas were fitted with a front disc brake, but you could have a 2LS drum? The tank colour looks to be a white upper and vermillion lower, and the mudgurds should be chrome.

I think the machines left the factory with matching frame and engine numbers?

Hope this helps? A photo would be good to see.....

Geoff

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
ITS A GOOD THING ITS BEEN OUT HERE, WHERE IT DOES'NT SEEM TO EVER FREAK'N RAIN!!!
Rain? No, we don't get much of that. :D Fair bit of snow up here lately, though. :mad:

BTW, ease of the ol' caps lock there dude; I can't hear myself rant over all the yelling. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was just up in the northern part earlier this month. (Angel Fire, Red River area) Got around 18 in. of white fuzzy stuff dropped on us while snow boarding, kinda hard to ride in that stuff, huh?!! Has'nt been all that warm down here lately either!!! Gett'n sick of it already. Bring on SPRING!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
>Frame Has T100r H 57855,

>The Engine Has Eg 57405. It Has Dual Carbs On It,

the 500 Daytona was 2 carbs, low pipes...it was the mini-Bonneville.
the T100 means 500 family.

I swear they made a single carb low pipes base model too, then the C model w/magneto and no battery for competition.

since my "66 C # was 48036, I'm guessing that 9K increase in numbers represents an early-mid 70s vintage. I'm better at 60s than 70s.

post a picture and we'll nail it closer. it's still a prize...that engine smells replaced.

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Was just up in the northern part earlier this month. (Angel Fire, Red River area) Got around 18 in. of white fuzzy stuff dropped on us while snow boarding, kinda hard to ride in that stuff, huh?!! Has'nt been all that warm down here lately either!!! Gett'n sick of it already. Bring on SPRING!!!
No kidding. We haven't gotten that much snow, but my garage faces north, and I've got a pretty good buildup on the driveway. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the 500 Daytona was 2 carbs, low pipes...it was the mini-Bonneville.
the T100 means 500 family.

post a picture and we'll nail it closer. it's still a prize...that engine smells replaced.
i'll get some pics soon, sounds like you've nailed it here.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
modre, Was it Meriden practice to number engines and frames alike? I've never had the two numbers match and these numbers seem close enough to be original manufacture to me.

Brad

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can Somebody Tell Me What I Have Here? This Bike Was Givin To Me, But I'm New To The Triumph Scene, I Got These Numbers Off Of The Bike. The Frame Has T100r H 57855, The Engine Has Eg 57405. It Has Dual Carbs On It, But Don't Know If This Is Factory Or Not. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. I GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT, IS WHAT THE NAME OF THE BIKE IS, (BONNEVILLE, TIGER...) WHAT SIZE IS THE ENGINE. THANX.
Here are the pics of the bike.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts