Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you recently bought any variation of the new Tiger 800 please tell me what your total out-the-door price was. Also specify if you bought a regular 800 or an XC 800, ABS or non-ABS, and what accessories that were included. I'm curious if there is much price variation from dealer to dealer. Thanks!

Oh yeah, if you have some..POST PICTURES OF YOUR NEW TIGER 800! I'm on the fence about getting one without ever actually seeing one in-person! I sat on a Tiger 1050 today though. Seemed pretty nice.

·
30,693 Posts
Full price here too. I also got a discount on accessories - but I forget now whether it was 10% or a bit more.

I was pretty happy with the discount anyway. getting it tomorrow.

Hey Mark - are you going to do (or did you do) the 500 mile service yourself or did you / are you going to takle it in?

·
30,693 Posts
I just checked, I got a 15% discount. So I'm pretty chuffed. I ordered a lot of accessories though. Hang on I'll find the list.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got home from test-riding a T800XC and immediately plopping down deposit on a black XC ABS. The bike has a VIN # and is on the boat from the UK. Could be here in 3 weeks +/-. Will be paying list price, but I got 10% off on accessories and got the labor charge waived for the accessory installation. The countdown has begun. :D

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Full price. This bike is in too high demand for dealers to be handing out substantial discounts.

My dealer is giving me a 10% discount on accessories though.

--mark
That is the same deal I got. Hand warmers, hand guards and Panniers for accessories all 10% off plus they knocked off the PDI charge.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got about $500 off and the setup fee waived by paying in full just before Christmas last year. I figure that was pretty good as the money was earning like .025% in the bank. I got 10% on the Arrow and heated grips, but they charged for installation so I changed the pipe myself. The dealer quoted 1/2 hour labor on the heated grips but the tech said it took him more like two hours.

alan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paid full price for mine, but the dealer gave me 20% off all accessories & merchandise I bought with the bike and almost a grand in merchandise no charge: Low seat, new jacket, new helmet. White non-XC without ABS.

...Hey Mark - are you going to do (or did you do) the 500 mile service yourself or did you / are you going to takle it in?
I'm not mark, but for what It's worth I did my 500 mile service myself. Very simple, but you have to ignore the service due reminder on the dash. Triumph genuine oil filter for $12 and a gallon of Mobile 1 4T full syntetic for $32. All the specs for The adjustments are in the regular owners manual, but you'll need the proper hex key for The drain plug as its not included in the tool kit that comes with the bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I'll have a white XC ABS next week! I went to Triumph today just to look at a Tiger 800. They didn't have one of course. They had one black Tiger 1050.

I left putting $300 on a white XC ABS for $12,650 out-the-door. He waved the $495 crate fee. Apparently he found one up in Michigan that wasn't sold! I've never even ridden a Tiger or seen a Tiger 800 though. The dealer offered free installation on any accessories..but no % off. He said he's also re-map the TOR exhaust free if I wanted one. I do want one...but $800! That's a little crazy isn't it?!

Now I have to sell my 2005 T-100 :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paid full price for mine, but the dealer gave me 20% off all accessories & merchandise I bought with the bike and almost a grand in merchandise no charge: Low seat, new jacket, new helmet. White non-XC without ABS.

I'm not mark, but for what It's worth I did my 500 mile service myself. Very simple, but you have to ignore the service due reminder on the dash. Triumph genuine oil filter for $12 and a gallon of Mobile 1 4T full syntetic for $32. All the specs for The adjustments are in the regular owners manual, but you'll need the proper hex key for The drain plug as its not included in the tool kit that comes with the bike.
$1000 in free accessories?! What dealer did you buy it from? That's a good deal.

·
30,693 Posts
That is a very very good deal

but you'll need the proper hex key for The drain plug as its not included in the tool kit that comes with the bike.
OK cool. I have the tools I need then. Cancelling the damn service reminder is a pain though - but thanks for the heads up, I'll talk to my dealer about it when I pick it up tomorrow.

Frankly I have no qualms at all about doing the first service, I wanted to know if there were any subtleties....and waddaya know?

:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is a very very good deal
Part of the deal with the extras was the current military promo triumph USA is doing right now, that nets a $500 allowance on bikes, which I applied to goodies rather than taking the discount. I also paid cash, which I think helped leverage them out of the rest. Also a very military friendly dealer, north county yamaha in san Marcos, ca. Good experiences with them all around.

OK cool. I have the tools I need then. Cancelling the damn service reminder is a pain though - but thanks for the heads up, I'll talk to my dealer about it when I pick it up tomorrow.

Frankly I have no qualms at all about doing the first service, I wanted to know if there were any subtleties....and waddaya know?

:D
I'm planning to pick up a usb OBD cable to use with TuneECU. I don't know if TuneECU has the capability to clear the service reminder, but I'll be able to pull and clear codes and do a bunch of other diagnostics and tests so even if it can't reset it I won't be Too disappointed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Part of the deal with the extras was the current military promo triumph USA is doing right now, that nets a $500 allowance on bikes, which I applied to goodies rather than taking the discount. I also paid cash, which I think helped leverage them out of the rest. Also a very military friendly dealer, north county yamaha in san Marcos, ca. Good experiences with them all around.

I'm planning to pick up a usb OBD cable to use with TuneECU. I don't know if TuneECU has the capability to clear the service reminder, but I'll be able to pull and clear codes and do a bunch of other diagnostics and tests so even if it can't reset it I won't be Too disappointed.
Hey I'm military too! They didn't mention this to me! Do you happen to have an internet link that references the military promotion?

Also, I'm moving to Germany in 3 weeks. One reason I wanted a Tiger 800 now is because they are about $2000 more in Europe. Think I could ride it for two years and possibly sell in Europe for not much of a loss??

·
Registered
9 Posts
http://www.rideatriumph.com/hero

As far as buying it here and selling overseas, I would look into it more before you decide to take the plunge. I've only been stationed in Okinawa besides CONUS and did not have a vehicle at the time, so I have no relevant experience. I think part of the reason they are more costly in Europe is the taxes that are imposed, which may or may not be applied to a private sale. Also consider emissions regulations are different and may pose difficulty. Just thinking out loud here, hopefully someone from across the pond will chime in with better info for you. It might be a non-issue though, since you will probably not want to sell it once you've gotten one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What would Germany tax? The military will ship the bike in with my household goods shipment. I'll have the title in-hand. Will I get crazily taxed when I register it there as a USA/EU vehicle?

I thought European Tigers were identical to US Tigers. Can anybody confirm this to be true?

Thanks for the link GatorDoc. I'll call up the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get that discount applied. Strange they didn't offer it considering we talked about me and my PCS to Germany.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What would Germany tax? The military will ship the bike in with my household goods shipment. I'll have the title in-hand. Will I get crazily taxed when I register it there as a USA/EU vehicle?

I thought European Tigers were identical to US Tigers. Can anybody confirm this to be true?

Thanks for the link GatorDoc. I'll call up the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get that discount applied. Strange they didn't offer it considering we talked about me and my PCS to Germany.
Since You mentioned selling it in a couple of years I was thinking of the tax that might be applied if you were to sell it there to a German citizen. If you sold it to a US citizen I imagine none of it would not be a concern. I don't know the details of our SOFA with Germany, your best bet on guidance with this is your command. There are also more stringent weight limits on household goods for personnel going over seas, so definitely check on that before you buy. It would suck to have to store your new bike for the duration of your your.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts