Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it is "more blessed to give than to receive", what sort of gift did you give to someone that they really appreciated? Not necessarily looking for "big ticket" items, but "gifts from the heart" that elicited a smile, a tear or a hug.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
My beloved wanted trees for Christmas this year, so I had 13 additional leyland cypress trees put in along the property lines. In addition to making her happy, this will eventually prevent me from seeing my neighbors' homes and them from seeing mine. Win-win for everyone!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Im a hopeless romantic...so I got my wife fog lights and window visors for her Honda Element and Renntec crash bars for her Bonneville...;):D

·
Premium Member
20,738 Posts
I thought I'd get the wife some nice Ferrero Rocher chocolates and perhaps some flowers from the all-night garage.

Unfortunately I got there too late, after lots of folk had the same idea and they had run out.

Instead she got a Michelin road Atlas and a fan belt for a 1975 Ford Granada...:)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe for Forchetto as the little woman not so gently stowed the map where it would remain uncontaminated by sunlight and then strangled him with the fan belt...;)

·
Registered
8,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My family always eats Chinese food Christmas Eve. While we were waiting for everyone to show up, I noticed an older gentleman eating alone. I paid for his dinner anonymously but the waitress pointed me out.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
My oldest sister is a total hipster, so I bought her a case of Stella Artois. She was quite happy and the rest of my family got to make fun of her behind her back.

It was a win for everyone.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mrs. Mayday received a Shih Tzu / Maltese cross tentatively named Oscar (subject to change without notice!)

It took me 6 attempts to get this photo. I guess he doesn't like getting his picture taken.

·
Registered
796 Posts
All Ms B wanted for Xmas this year was peace and quiet with no fighting/arguing about the damn budget and how much we have already gone over. This Xmas we set down early and together we both worked out a sharply scaled down budget. She went over a bit here and there on the two new grand babies but overall no surprises and my gift to her this year was to just keep my mouth shut and enjoy Christmas.

Tomorrow, Mr B the CPA will reconcile the checkbook, move some money... and STILL keep my mouth shut. After all, that was all she really wanted from me this Christmas anyway. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Well... Let's see...

We got our oldest daughter and her husband gift cards to a local mall and Bass Pro Shops respectively. We bought our oldest granddaughter a gift certificate to the same mall, and some other stuff too. We bought the twin 3 year old grandsons dinosaurs, and Hotwheels cars.

We bought our oldest son an iPhone and a data plan. He has really come around this year, and we are so proud of him he deserved something special.

We gave our youngest daughter a gift card to Walmart so she could get some tires for her Mustang. That is what she wanted and what she needed.

Our middle son is in a Boot Camp type program over the holidays, so he didn't get anything. He will when he graduates from the program though. It's a long story...

We gave our youngest son a Acer laptop computer he specified out for us. He is the techno geek of the house.

I gave Mrs. Irishguy some diamond earrings, Diane Keaton's new book, a nice Nike warm-up suit that she picked out, and an Estee Lauder compact. I was quite astonished at how much those little compacts with the powder and the mirror in them costs.

We gave my parents and her mother each a Keurig.

And then there were brother and sisters, nieces, nephews, etc...

H

·
0 Posts
Of course the 5 grand kids made out like bandits. Although the 1 year old really didn't care that we just wrapped a couple extra boxes for him. He loves tearing the paper.
The most fun gift was for the lady of the houses son in law. He is terrible on his tools and his 18volt drill smoked so bad when using it you couldn't breath. Got him a set of drill and impact wrench with bits. All good quality so maybe he can't burn it up so quickly. We'll see.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
My parents decided a couple of years ago that my sister and I are too broke and shouldn't buy them gifts anymore. And since my sister is always broke, we don't exchange anymore either.

I do go over the top on my niece though. I bought her all the My Little Pony stuff she wanted. It's all overpriced, little plastic junk, but she was thrilled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts