Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
17681 - 17700 of 17721 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Scrambler
423 Posts
Swapped the handlebars for something with a little less sweep. I would get a lot of pressure on the outside of my palms as the angle was more severe than my natural wrist/hand placement.
New: ProTaper SE Factory Suzuki/KTM Stock
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Fuel tank Plant Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Gas Font Cable Wire Measuring instrument

Old: ProTaper SE ATV Hi
Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Plant Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The new bars have less rise, so I installed a PowerMadd 2" riser, after reading about it from another forum member, and removed the one inch aluminum spacer collars I installed. I can always add the spacers back in if I need still more height. That PowerMadd riser has some heft... Colonel Mustard, In the Garage, with the PowerMadd!

·
Registered
893 Posts
TEC rearset installed. Feels more natural for my shorter legs and the M bar.
Will find out how comfortable it is tomorrow after a 400km ride

·
Premium Member
2012 Triumph Bonneville SE
100 Posts
Went on a 360km ride to test out the rearset and enjoy some Yellow Canola fields
View attachment 763272
Okitoki,

What was your take on the rearset? I hate how the pegs are right where my legs should be when I am standing at a light. If they were a little further back, it might make standing on the bike easier, and if it is more comfortable that would probably be a deciding factor.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Okitoki,

What was your take on the rearset? I hate how the pegs are right where my legs should be when I am standing at a light. If they were a little further back, it might make standing on the bike easier, and if it is more comfortable that would probably be a deciding factor.
Not too bad for my short 30" inseam legs. The TEC is actually feels pretty good... while the Norman Hyde with the rubber foot mount is slightly higher but does soak up the buzz.

1.5hours was ok for me on the bike.

Best way to figure out if you like it is to ride with your toes on your stock peg and as I you are tippy toe on it.

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii

·
Registered
11,041 Posts
Last week, I bought the garage next to my current garage to get more space for parking the bike. This is in a modern condo group of identical one-car garages, about 15 years old.

The "seller" processing the sale for the HOA was surprised when I asked at settlement for the key. She didn't know that it needs a key and suggested a padlock. Clueless. This garage does not have an electric opener, but if it had one, I'm sure that she would not have had the remote control and not realized that it needed one.

Fortunately, it was left unlocked, but read on to see the reason. I replaced the lock cylinder with a new one, a standard item from the locksmith. That's when I found out that the latches weren't lined up properly with the holes in the side rails and couldn't be locked, so I fixed that. Then I discovered that the cam on the latch mechanism--a bit of stone-age engineering--wasn't aligned properly on the sprung locking pin in the lock mechanism, but was dropping next to it and binding when the handle was turned. There's so much slop in the mechanism that it's a wonder that it works at all. I bought some washers and a cotter pin, disassembled it, and fixed that.

Now it works, more or less. I can lock the door, and more importantly, I can unlock it.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Took the Bonneville to work today, Seemed a bit gutless on the way home.
Probably due to having spent the day pre delivering 800 hp supercharged Mustangs

·
Registered
893 Posts
Flipped my m bar downward as I find the rearset is asking for me to lean lower. Feels good but not sure how long I can ride before my back gives out

Also changed back to the NH peashooters from the Predator pro to test out a lower flowing exhaust.
So far it feels better on the first 3 gears on acceleration. Butt dyno say it pulls harder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
400 Km through some cafes and a visit to a friend. It was raining heavily all week, so the day was perfect for a ride.

I'm starting to miss a side bag for these "longer" rides, so I'll give a look at it now. I'll need to change the handlebar as well if I go to the Tierra del Fuego or my back will not survive the trip.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not too bad for my short 30" inseam legs. The TEC is actually feels pretty good... while the Norman Hyde with the rubber foot mount is slightly higher but does soak up the buzz.

1.5hours was ok for me on the bike.

Best way to figure out if you like it is to ride with your toes on your stock peg and as I you are tippy toe on it.
400 Km through some cafes and a visit to a friend. It was raining heavily all week, so the day was perfect for a ride.

View attachment 763742

I'm starting to miss a side bag for these "longer" rides, so I'll give a look at it now. I'll need to change the handlebar as well if I go to the Tierra del Fuego or my back will not survive the trip.
2001 Bonneville--installed H4 LED bulb in the headlamp. Brighter light immediately. Rode up on a convenience store later for a fast bottle of soda. A Land Rover pulled up that had the driver revving a very loud engine--guy was quite chatty and proud --somehow put a V8 in there and wanted his Land Rover loud. I didn't have much to say but he wanted an obligatory rev from the Bonnie--vroom vroom. Loud isn't my thing.

·
Registered
2008 bonneville carb
69 Posts
Flipped my m bar downward as I find the rearset is asking for me to lean lower. Feels good but not sure how long I can ride before my back gives out

Also changed back to the NH peashooters from the Predator pro to test out a lower flowing exhaust.
So far it feels better on the first 3 gears on acceleration. Butt dyno say it pulls harder.
I did 100 miles with very similar set up, and I was in pain. But I usually don’t ride far.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Freedom,

Absolute game changer. Much brighter and really look great. Also, the signals are so much brighter even my riding mate said, "Jeez, no one's missing you!" A game changer in nighttime riding, but the signals pay off in daytime as well.
I updated to LED via H4 bulbs (fanless) on my headlight--totally brighter, though I might do some fiddling with turning the bulb a bit in the lens. My headlamp has a built in bulb shield , (a piece of metal that covers the bulb a bit)--I think that's there to not blind oncoming drivers. It was in with the old halogen bulb. I left it in. The shield seems to help throw the light all around the reflector. I also might tilt the headlamp differently but these are both real short time (5 minute) tweaks.

On to replace the brake light bulb--next LED to install.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A small but very welcome upgrade today. My turn signals have smoked lenses, the 10w bulbs were like candle and burning too fast, so I did the upgrade to led. A generic "electronic" relay, a pair of resistors and the better led bulbs that I found around here worked fine, but still it was quite bad during the day. Looking for a better result I found this company called Okken, with good reviews and well presented led bulbs. The delivery was fast (from the other world side), quite cheap and did a huge difference. I bought a pack with 10 units, so lets see how long it'll work.

Now the others can see well from the front.

17681 - 17700 of 17721 Posts