Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

17241 - 17256 of 17256 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
thanks
Got the tube from ebay 50mm od 2mm thick walls from memory and was around $ 50 au for a 50 cm length.
Cut to length and drilled it then epoxyed in 6mm bolts with support washers to mount the headlight brackets.

This was another set I made for my Bonneville with matt finish.

Wasn't sure how they would stand up to vibration and jolts thru the suspension but they've been in use on some crap roads for a few years now and haven't had any problems even with a heavy led light on the Thruxton

Reactions: caramelgq

·
Registered
73 Posts
I checked the tire pressures then went for a ride with Cathy for a lunch at a local art gallery cafe. When we got back home I changed the engine oil and filter, cleaned the drive chain, wheel rims, spokes, mufflers, and chrome engine case covers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks
Got the tube from ebay 50mm od 2mm thick walls from memory and was around $ 50 au for a 50 cm length.
Cut to length and drilled it then epoxyed in 6mm bolts with support washers to mount the headlight brackets.

This was another set I made for my Bonneville with matt finish.

Wasn't sure how they would stand up to vibration and jolts thru the suspension but they've been in use on some crap roads for a few years now and haven't had any problems even with a heavy led light on the Thruxton

View attachment 740934

View attachment 740935

View attachment 740936
Very impressive work! I might try to accomplish this. EBay Huh, I’ll take a look. If you were in the States I would beg you to sell me a pair. Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
Finally got my airbox done. Watched all the YouTube videos that covers it but at the end I needed to take the long way round of taking the rear wheel off since I don't have a jack to raise it high enough.

Not complicated but just tedious.

The big ol box

And put it all together

Used the Predator pro plus air pods tune map for the Power Commander V . Bike is running smooth. The low rev stutter i had is definitely gone now and the acceleration is definitely faster now than before. Now just have to wait to get a proper dyno tune one day.

Happy with the project.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Urgh... I hate doing wirings... specially the idiot lights. But had to do it for the bracket

Happy with the result.... atleast my key is in the right spot now

Reactions: Greedy D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Oh really? .... yes it does remind me of a wide electrical tape. It’s cold at the moment in Toronto. Will keep an eye out during our four weeks of hot weather next year ;)

Just kidding. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed!
Cool. Wasn't trying to poo poo what you've done, just wanted you to avoid a headache. If it's a different adhesive then you could be fine. I just had a PTSD moment of dealing with sticky, nasty wiring harnesses and I had to say something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
insert awesome air box work here
Hey man,
Couldn't help but notice the exhaust being black..
Is that ceramic coating or??

What are your thoughts?
I'm getting sick of polishing my exhaust to have it turn average after a 20 minute ride (TEC 2 into 2 exhaust).. Thinking about getting it ceramic coated but looking for real life experience.
Cheers

P.S If anyone else knows or has ceramic coating, tell me about your experience/would you do it again?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey man,
Couldn't help but notice the exhaust being black..
Is that ceramic coating or??

What are your thoughts?
I'm getting sick of polishing my exhaust to have it turn average after a 20 minute ride (TEC 2 into 2 exhaust).. Thinking about getting it ceramic coated but looking for real life experience.
Cheers

P.S If anyone else knows or has ceramic coating, tell me about your experience/would you do it again?
Yeah... the headers were a cheap $20 stock corroded header I picked up from gumtree.... was going to be a exhaust wrap project, but found a powdercoater that gave me a decent price for ceramic coating..... so I thought I give it a go, and if it didnt last, will go back to the wrap idea.... so far so good.... on the plus side, any scratches seems to be easily covered by using the VHT spray can.... time will tell... edit: The red bit at the end is just some liquid copper gasket

The silencer is the NH black peashooters. just coincident the black is similar to the headers

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes.

Big fan of those guys. I have had turbo manifolds coated by them and they are phenomenal. Not cheap by any means but very durable. Note that you will still burn the ever loving crap out of yourself if you touch a hot pipe that has been coated. The upside is that once it cools down, the burned skin wipes right off and doesn't leave a mark on the pipes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not much done today, getting ready to winterize a little. Changed the oil in Ted, and also changed the oil in my girlfriend's Scrambler (Ducati) and for good measure I changed the truck's oil too. Greasy day.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ordered a set of Predator Pro from A&J with black friday discount....

only to have my ordered cancelled because they only use PayPal for international orders (instead of C/C) and their shipping rate was incorrect on their order page.... disappointed.... :(

edit: actually just realised the Pred Pro would be much higher than the NH Peashooters I have now.... so if I had them, then my saddle bags won't fit anymore.... guess I dodged a bullet there :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
ordered a set of Predator Pro from A&J with black friday discount....

only to have my ordered cancelled because they only use PayPal for international orders (instead of C/C) and their shipping rate was incorrect on their order page.... disappointed.... :(

edit: actually just realised the Pred Pro would be much higher than the NH Peashooters I have now.... so if I had them, then my saddle bags won't fit anymore.... guess I dodged a bullet there :D
I had a couple unfortunate incidents with them. Once I ordered two products on one go from Toronto. They decided to shop one direct from their warehouse and one from their distributor - I got nailed two shipping charges. Second was they sent me the wrong product (silver vs black pin leds)... and I had to pay shipping charges to send them back.

Sad as their product catalog is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Installed the flat mount gauge cluster from Cognito moto.
Also relocated the Motogadget M Blaze Pins to the bracket below the headlight. I decided against cutting the fly screen to make it work in the headlight ears. Eventually I plan on getting a Cognito Moto top clamp to finish cleaning up the front end then I’ll put them back in the ears.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Finally figured out how to mount the bag without getting burnt by the exhaust

I'm not a smart man 😆

17241 - 17256 of 17256 Posts