Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

17221 - 17240 of 17256 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went into the left side cover to change out the centrifugal crankcase breather and oil seal on my 2001 Bonne and it appears the side cover has never been off. The gasket took some doing to get removed and now she's going to have to sit covered until my new gasket comes in next week :( Could they have used any more RTV to keep that gasket on? Geez... At least my breather oil spewage will be fixed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nothing yet but it's 6 years to the day that I bought it, so I might treat it to a wee polish later. This is the equal longest that I've ever ran a street bike (I ran an XR400 for 13 years) along with an MZ Skorpion sport 1995 - 2001.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yesterday I installed Motogadget Blaze pin indicators. Holy hell these things are bright for their size!
I installed them in the headlight brackets by drilling a hole on the lower arm, which allowed me to clean up the front end by removing the stock signal bracket.
Unfortunately I didn’t account for how far in the flyscreen sits. It barely hits the mounting bolt for the indicator and will not fit unless I do some very minor trimming to the screen.
I am currently waiting on a Cognito Moto flat gauge cluster bracket. I’ll post pics once I have that installed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
my wife passed her test and now I got my SE back..... put the exhaust and side view mirrors back on (no more risk of her dropping it)
had the first ride after riding the T120 over the last few days.....

I have to say, it sure rides different..I seem to sit a lot taller on the SE.. handling is definitely more nimble on the SE, and the acceleration is different from a loose acceleration feel (like driving a truck) on the T120 to a tight sensation (like a small sports car) on the SE. still prefer the NH exhaust note than the bubbling predator pro....

The T120 needs a proper tune I reckon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Can you post some closer pics? I'm did a quick plasti-dip on mine (if we're talking about the same part) and am interested in this alternative. thanks
Sure thing. How’s this. I cut vinyl tape into strips and applied each one separately, with a small overlap.i was thinking to use the thruxton headlight ears and upper fork covers. And if I did this, I would have probably pastidipped the fork covers or used vinyl wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sure thing. How’s this. I cut vinyl tape into strips and applied each one separately, with a small overlap.i was thinking to use the thruxton headlight ears and upper fork covers. And if I did this, I would have probably pastidipped the fork covers or used vinyl wrap.

Thanks that looks great. Your bike is quite tastefully done. (y)

·
Registered
238 Posts
TRYING to install heated grips on a Scrambler 1200 XC. How do I get that left switch gear off? The Hayes manual isn’t really helping me here.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I removed, cleaned, and reinstalled the Scottoiler v-system automatic chain oiler behind my T100's right side cover. I re-routed a new oil hose from the oiler to the rear sprocket, and replaced a previous owner's iffy installation of a single-sided oil dispenser with a new dual-sided Scottoiler scorpion dispenser.

Now I need to spend tedious time re-calibrating the oil flow rate so I get as minimum oil fling onto the wheel and my licence plate while still getting effective lubrication for the drive chain.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ummm....unless I'm missing something, this was not a good idea. We're talking vinyl tape like electrical tape? Black PVC tape thing?

If so, this will turn into a sticky nasty mess when it gets warm. Unless it's some other type of tape, the sooner you remove that the better -and less work cleaning - your forks will be.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ummm....unless I'm missing something, this was not a good idea. We're talking vinyl tape like electrical tape? Black PVC tape thing?

If so, this will turn into a sticky nasty mess when it gets warm. Unless it's some other type of tape, the sooner you remove that the better -and less work cleaning - your forks will be.
Oh really? .... yes it does remind me of a wide electrical tape. It’s cold at the moment in Toronto. Will keep an eye out during our four weeks of hot weather next year ;)

Just kidding. Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I made some fork covers using carbon fibre tube to match the flyscreen and used Thruxton headlight brackets. The things you do when bored eh.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I made some fork covers using carbon fibre tube to match the flyscreen and used Thruxton headlight brackets. The things you do when bored eh. View attachment 740933
Hello, this is nice! Never seen that modification. 41mm tubes? Are these on squaredeals? I saw some black tubes on some website but they want about $189 USD. Can you post another pic? You did a good job with it.

17221 - 17240 of 17256 Posts