Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

17201 - 17220 of 17256 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Bonneville white. DNA filter, no AI, no snorkel, 115 mains. Various other mods.
23 Posts
So after rejetting for the snorkel removal I needed to check out the pilot screw. Not wanting to spend $30 on a D tool and wait 3 weeks, I found some rubber/plastic tubing and shoved it up there to unscrew them.

Worked really well. I then hack sawed a line in them for a screwdriver. Couldn’t really tell how many turns they were set to originally. The left carb was about 2.5 I think. I’ve set them both to 2.5 turns out which seems fine for now. I’ll continue to fiddle with them.

619EE703-0C28-43CD-829A-8CCB7F51AA7C.jpeg

·
Registered
712 Posts
I rode her to the office. And then I rode her back home again. Might put some petrol in her tomorrow too. And then oil her chain. 😁

·
Registered
238 Posts
In a few days, I’ll be trading in my beloved 2014 mag wheel that I’ve had since new. From day one, I’ve been changing things on it to suit me, and although there was still a lot I wanted to do, I feel that, up until a few hours ago, it was a damn fine looking bike! I’ve got it back to almost bone stock set up now, and looking at it as it sits, I have NO IDEA how I bought it like that! It does nothing for me right now! Lol... I suppose that means I’m ready to let it go.

I’m not straying TOO far though. 2019 Scrambler 1200 XC, you’re up next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lost one of my effing seat screws. Can't believe I got lazy enough to forget to give them a snug every once in a while. At least the new ones came quick! Lesson learned.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lost one of my effing seat screws. Can't believe I got lazy enough to forget to give them a snug every once in a while. At least the new ones came quick! Lesson learned.
guys at my local dealer suggested to use spring washers to slop them from coming off.

Reactions: Luxlamf

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
guys at my local dealer suggested to use spring washers to slop them from coming off.
Did this after delivery. Still on 11 years later. ;)

Reactions: okitoki

·
Registered
86 Posts
I also have a shorter rear fender I could change to. What do you guys think? Long fender or short fender?

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I also have a shorter rear fender I could change to. What do you guys think? Long fender or short fender?
Short if you want a stripe up your back. ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Got a new playmate for my Bonnie

Reactions: JimmyP90

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice. Supplier?
The tail-light unit is a Maundspeed part. The turn signals are K&S Technologies.

I'm not 100% happy with how the signals meet the tail-light unit, but it's pretty good.

I wish I was clever with the 3d printing like the kids these days are. Then I could make my own adapter mounts. Oh well.

17201 - 17220 of 17256 Posts