Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16981 - 16996 of 16996 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good to hear! That's what I have on order as well. I'll get around to the rears one day, but for now I've just cranked up the preload. It's the front that bothers me the most.
Same here. When I first got the bike in January the way the front would dip when braking and bounce when going over a bump was very annoying. You will be amazed at how much the progressive fork springs will improve things.

I also just put some Hagon 2810s on the rear a couple weeks ago. Has totally transformed the rear. Not in the massive way the fork springs did, but a definite smoother nice improvement.

Reactions: feedbacker

·
Registered
557 Posts
Same here. When I first got the bike in January the way the front would dip when braking and bounce when going over a bump was very annoying. You will be amazed at how much the progressive fork springs will improve things.

I also just put some Hagon 2810s on the rear a couple weeks ago. Has totally transformed the rear. Not in the massive way the fork springs did, but a definite smoother nice improvement.
I’ve got to say the Hagon Nitros are excellent (at twice the price of the 2810s they should be!), better then my old TECs, and another world away from the old harsh rear.

I have fitted emulators to the front with preload adjusters (shortened spacer), with my previously fitted TEC progressive springs and the ride is now very confidence inspiring.

I’m a perpetual tinkerer and my wife reckons my bikes are in bits more then I ride erm! But as I’ve already said, without a drop of beer and misty eyes I’d never have replaced my TEC rear springs...

Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got my miirors back from the powder coater. Did a good job. Now just need to get the mirrors cut for it (dirty finger marks)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have fitted emulators to the front with preload adjusters (shortened spacer), with my previously fitted TEC progressive springs and the ride is now very confidence inspiring.
I think individual riding style/location plays a part here too. I found the front handles exactly how I wanted/expected it to as soon as I put the Tec progressive springs in. But, 98% of my riding is done in London. But, even when I head outside of the city, it still handles like a dream.

I’m a perpetual tinkerer and my wife reckons my bikes are in bits more then I ride erm!
This is wht I did literally months of research before I even bought Penny. Made a list of everything I wanted to do, so mods are focussed. Helps keep expenses to a minimum (relatively speaking). Hopefully, by this time next year all the changes will be done and dusted.......
(Famous last words!😁)

Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
557 Posts
Absolutely, very sensible approach that keeps the cost down, but as an engineer, I get as much pleasure out of spannering as I do riding ... .

Chris

·
Registered
576 Posts
Absolutely, very sensible approach that keeps the cost down, but as an engineer, I get as much pleasure out of spannering as I do riding ... .
I'm determined to only mod/change stuff within my (financial) means. So, having the list definitely helps prevent me from impulse buys.

Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
557 Posts
Spent a few hours (and a half a tank of fuel) dialling in the front and rear. Settled for half turn rebound and 1st ring spring preload on the front and 3 clicks rebound and one full turn spring preload on the rear... witness marks were showing that the rear shock was at full travel with no bottoming out but I’ve preloaded slightly to allow for potholes in my rural area...

I’d be interested to know how others have set up for brisk road riding..

KR

Chris

·
Registered
576 Posts
New bits from Motone arrived. Purely aesthetic this time round. Rear shock dress up kit, now in all new brass! (Cos I know how much you all love brass😁)

Plus, some rear indicator brackets (for when I finally get around to sort out the rear end).
BEFORE
20200722_142727.jpg

AFTER
20200805_190516.jpg

·
Registered
576 Posts
I really like these. Thanks for the idea, I’ll have to make myself a set.

(y)
My pleasure. I really like have some brass accents on Penny. Not too much though, just enough to make a difference.

Was so happy when I saw Motone were doing these. I was just gonna order their black version. But I li the contrast against the Hagon shocks.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Love it!! Cannot wait to get 2-into-1 exhaust and gaiters onto Penny.

Is that a round cover on the horn? If so, where did you get it from?

·
Registered
576 Posts
16981 - 16996 of 16996 Posts