Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16961 - 16980 of 17010 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi Chris,
This is off the subject, but what is the badge in your avatar image? My dad had one like that from his WWII service. He was in the Reconnaissance Corps and kept those little Bren gun carriers running.
Thanks
Colin
Hi Colin

So, it is the Class one (or Artificer’s badge) of the REME and, as it was formed in 1942, your old chap was one of the fathers of the Corps mate!
I spent from 16 to 40 in the REME and after a career in infantry (Armoured and foot) ended up with Recce in the end as well (Light Dragoon’s LAD)..

Arte et Marte

Chris

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I installed an OEM center stand on my T100. No instructions with the kit, but this site made the install easy! Joe Mc Donalds pictures were worth their weight in gold and gdslick’s tip on removing the sprocket cover made the spring bracket install easy. Just hooked a carabiner to the bracket and pulled it over the post. Nice to have a center stand!
@Yohawk This new forum software is IMO nowhere near as intuitive as the original layout and makes populating your profile more difficult. Had read your intro, so know where you're located. It's a big help to others reading your posts to know where you are and what you ride.

Suggest you click on your avatar and visit settings and see what you can add. On the old forum that location appeared under the avatar and you didn't need to hover over it to see this info. Maybe add to your signature if you can't get the other settings to play nice.

As for instructions, there used to be a factory site at triumphinstructions.com which would cough up a pdf of the instructions when you insert the part number of the accessory. Sadly for me seems to be down currently. Tried on Firefox which refuses to connect. Could be Firefox and/or my AV firewall. Tried on my TV browser and an open network and it shows invalid or expired certificate. Hope they get that fixed!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Adjusted the chain (new torque adapter worked a treat!), then took it for a blast to test out the steering damper. All good, easily adjusted and felt good!
Spanked it and still got 46mpg - happy days👍🏻

·
Registered
581 Posts
Popped down to The Bike Shed Saturday morning for a fry up, before moving house. It was unofficial Triumph day (so many Triumphs there). Penny didn't look out of place, but I did feel it was time for another mod. I was gonna get a booster plug, But as the move was a bit expensive, that will have to wait until next month. However, plan B: ordered some new brass bits from Motone and some rear indicator brackets as a precursor to me sorting out the backend at some future point. Will post pictures once everything has arrived and is installed.

Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
29 Posts
I swapped the TC Bros Tracker bars for some Superbike bars with the same sweep but half the rise, threw on a black headlight and some new headlamp ears, added some bar end mirrors, relocated some stuff, and yanked out the rubber air box snorkel. And probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

TEC Exhaust and progressive springs at some point this week.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got the TEC progressive springs. Also bought some of their preload adjusters. The combo was instant and totes amazeballs!!!

Ooooo.... getting me excited about my order.... can't wait

Need new seat bolt.... didnt realise mine fell off during the weekend ride

·
Registered
117 Posts
yanked out the rubber air box snorkel
FB,
Did you notice any performance difference and are you now having any issues with fueling/mixture by doing this? Are you running the stock filter, or a highflow (DNA, K&N, etc) and do you still have the baffle in? Do you still have the O2 sensors in?
Thanks,
Alex

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I continued my pursuit of tubeless.

added the sealant tape to cover the spokewell area and the individual 3M sealant spots.

Tomorrow I’ll spin up some new Cush drive collars to tighten it up then put it all together.
I might mount the tire and see if it holds air after dinner.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
How much do you think that is going to affect the balance? What is the total weight change going to be once you're done?
not sure and to be honest, I’m not overly concerned. The Canyon wheels are way lighter than the stock wheel and the addition of the tape, a few ounces, minus the tube, more ounces than the additional tape, leaves me confident that I’ll come out ahead.
As for wheel balance, at 52hp and a top speed of 130k (75mph), I’m not worried. The only wheels I’ve ever balanced were my sport bikes and race bikes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
FB,
Did you notice any performance difference and are you now having any issues with fueling/mixture by doing this? Are you running the stock filter, or a highflow (DNA, K&N, etc) and do you still have the baffle in? Do you still have the O2 sensors in?
Thanks,
Alex
Baffle is still in, stock air filter, still have the O2 sensors in, no tune yet. I mostly yanked it out in prep for a DNA filter and TEC exhaust later this week, but I rode it around a lot yesterday and haven't noticed any difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got the TEC progressive springs. Also bought some of their preload adjusters. The combo was instant and totes amazeballs!!!
Good to hear! That's what I have on order as well. I'll get around to the rears one day, but for now I've just cranked up the preload. It's the front that bothers me the most.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Colin

So, it is the Class one (or Artificer’s badge) of the REME and, as it was formed in 1942, your old chap was one of the fathers of the Corps mate!
I spent from 16 to 40 in the REME and after a career in infantry (Armoured and foot) ended up with Recce in the end as well (Light Dragoon’s LAD)..

Arte et Marte

Chris
Polished up the old man's Cap badge just for grins. "Bash on, Recce!"
Recce Cap Badge.jpg
Capital Son

Reactions: Bonnie59
16961 - 16980 of 17010 Posts