Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16941 - 16960 of 17010 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well over time the sliders and pistons become sticky and ‘bind’ so the pads remain in contact with the disk so sapping precious power. This is more prevalent in rear disk brakes of any bike as they are dirty and little used but fronts need living too... when you replaced the pads, cleaned and pushed back the pistons and generally cleaned up the sliders it makes the whole thing a little more efficient and releases the disk when the brake is off. Not saying that’s what it definitely is but it could easily be...
Ah. That makes a lot of sense. I think I could hear the old pads rubbing of the discs before I did the new install.

How’s them rear shocks working out?
Really, really good. Definite improvement over the stock ones. Another good upgrade choice.

Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
338 Posts
Removed center stand yesterday.
Installed Shark exhausts today.
Burton DS003 under way as well as some Motone indicators.
LSL flattracker waiting to be installed (I already had a longer breakline from my previous ownership of this bike)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dropped in the Free Spirits rear caliper relocation bracket and speed bleeders.
The stock brake line nearly didn't fit, and it's still under a little tension - not a fan of that. But the bracket is well made and I like the new position of the caliper.
There's a reinforced rubber sleeve where the brake line comes off the brake cylinder and contacts the rear end of the cradle before turning up between the airbox and the swingarm. I still have the EVAP canister installed, which may give me some slack if I remove it. It was over 100 degrees today and the fuel vapors were coming out of the canister just as if they would have coming out of the tank, so not much of a point of still having it installed, I guess. Also, my chain is almost at the limit of stretch, so a new one will also buy me some room as well, but the final answer is a longer rear line by about an inch. I've thought about changing to steel brake lines anyways, seems like the the time has come.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, during the winter I decided that when the spring came I would trade the Bonnie in against a V7 (although I think they've got too much black about them these days). So near the end of winter I started removing the bits an' bobs that I'd fitted and replaced them with the original parts. Then came covid. As the dealers were still closed when I decided to start using the bike again I thought I'd get the Bonnie back to how I like it, so I've been gradually re-fitting the bits an' bobs. Today I put in the progressive fork springs and completed the job. I wish I'd bought a V7 a few years ago when there was much less black about them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I wish I'd bought a V7 a few years ago when there was much less black about them.
What's wrong with blacked out parts on a bike?🤔 Could you not find a used V7 from a few years agos that looks the way you want?

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's wrong with blacked out parts on a bike?🤔 Could you not find a used V7 from a few years agos that looks the way you want?
Much prefer some chrome/ally/ stainless to too much/all black. Used V7? Just in the habit of buying new.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I guess you can get a whole load of bike for your money buying used...
There are always bargains to be found out there, as I can attest to. 😊

Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
25 Posts
Passed my Mod1 motorcycle test today, well chuffed. Even at 37, I was an absolute bag of nerves being watched by guy with a clipboard! Hopefully not too long a wait now till the Mod2 then can take the Thruxton out legally ;)

Anyway, in the meantime I've fitted a Tamarit tail tidy, LED break light, and Motone indicators.

·
Registered
633 Posts
So much going on here....

Ummmm, I went a grabbed a six pack of beer yesterday because my girlfriend's relatives sent us a big box of fun from Portillo's. GD that stuff is good.

Ted's front wheel may have come off the pavement a little bit because my favourite song bumped up on the playlist on the way home. YOLO.

And then today I rebuilt the front brake master cylinder. I need to change my fork oil soon but I really don't feel like it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Lovely old job. I often use my mops on old parts and the results are very satisfying!

Chris
Hi Chris,
This is off the subject, but what is the badge in your avatar image? My dad had one like that from his WWII service. He was in the Reconnaissance Corps and kept those little Bren gun carriers running.
Thanks
Colin

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Parked next to this 2010 Thruxton 900 today, haven't got any info on the fairing.

And one with my TTR blocking the view, I knew I'd find a way of getting my bike on the aircooled forum :LOL:

Reactions: shafiqshikin

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I installed an OEM center stand on my T100. No instructions with the kit, but this site made the install easy! Joe Mc Donalds pictures were worth their weight in gold and gdslick’s tip on removing the sprocket cover made the spring bracket install easy. Just hooked a carabiner to the bracket and pulled it over the post. Nice to have a center stand!

16941 - 16960 of 17010 Posts