Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16921 - 16940 of 17010 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
So yours are the right way up mate. Very nice by the way!

Nitros also have the sticker the right way up...
Looking good. What seat is that?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Reactions: Bonnie59

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thought I’d smooth things out in the twisty bits - bit of old school damping👍🏻

·
Registered
338 Posts
Changed the rear shocks to longer YSS shocks.
Notice rear wheel doesn't come off ground anymore on centerstand. Alright, can live with that.
Try to figure out how to install Shark exhausts. After a few hours trying to understand why I don't understand, find out I needed to order a center stand bump seperately.
The piece provided is probably the kickstand bump.
No intention of paying 40€ for a bent piece of steel, so took off the centerstand. Weightsaving :D

To be continued over summer I guess.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Changed the rear shocks to longer YSS shocks.
Notice rear wheel doesn't come off ground anymore on centerstand. Alright, can live with that.
Try to figure out how to install Shark exhausts. After a few hours trying to understand why I don't understand, find out I needed to order a center stand bump seperately.
The piece provided is probably the kickstand bump.
No intention of paying 40€ for a bent piece of steel, so took off the centerstand. Weightsaving :D

To be continued over summer I guess.
Two bits of wood under the centre stand lifts the back wheel - works for mine 👍🏻

·
Registered
180 Posts
That’s bloody lovely mate! I may have to have one of them... where did you get it?

Chris
Cheers mate. I’m well pleased with it and it was 10 minutes to fit. The company is tmc motorcycles, have a look at the website. Really well made though not cheap. But if I had to try and make one I’m sure it would cost me more. Really in keeping with the old look I’m trying to give the bike, love it and can’t wait to test it!
How’s the new fork set up going?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Cheers mate. I’m well pleased with it and it was 10 minutes to fit. The company is tmc motorcycles, have a look at the website. Really well made though not cheap. But if I had to try and make one I’m sure it would cost me more. Really in keeping with the old look I’m trying to give the bike, love it and can’t wait to test it!
How’s the new fork set up going?
They ride well mate, I think they are a little stiff so I’m going to back them off a turn tomorrow and go from there, but quite an improvement already!

I’m going to check out that damper!

Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
They ride well mate, I think they are a little stiff so I’m going to back them off a turn tomorrow and go from there, but quite an improvement already!

I’m going to check out that damper!

Chris
Still tempted to drop some emulators in mine, going to properly check all the sag first and see where it’s at. Every time I do a mod I say that it - until I find something else!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had my bonnie checked by the dealer today. Yeap the fuel level sensor is f'ed and will need to order the replacement sensor.

He said it was going to cost about AU$300+? Phew thank goodness it is fixed under used bike warranty.

Yeah they are not Triumph dealers

·
Registered
581 Posts
Now, this might totally be my imagination, but since I put in the new brake pads and fitted the 2810s, the bike feels like it has more power and better acceleration.

·
Registered
581 Posts
More confidence = MORE POWER! Lol
Same confidence, more traffic somehow = more power!🤔😁

Definitely the brakes!! Paint them red for an even more dramatic effect.
😁😁😁
Was planning on getting some red Pretech calipers at some point. But have to go to plan B now.

Quite possible that you have freed off binding callipers mate...
Please to forgive, but what are "binding calipers"? Still relatively new to all this bike stuff, so it's always nice to learn something new

·
Registered
569 Posts
Same confidence, more traffic somehow = more power!

Was planning on getting some red Pretech calipers at some point. But have to go to plan B now.

Please to forgive, but what are "binding calipers"? Still relatively new to all this bike stuff, so it's always nice to learn something new
Well over time the sliders and pistons become sticky and ‘bind’ so the pads remain in contact with the disk so sapping precious power. This is more prevalent in rear disk brakes of any bike as they are dirty and little used but fronts need living too... when you replaced the pads, cleaned and pushed back the pistons and generally cleaned up the sliders it makes the whole thing a little more efficient and releases the disk when the brake is off. Not saying that’s what it definitely is but it could easily be...

How’s them rear shocks working out?

Chris

16921 - 16940 of 17010 Posts