Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16761 - 16780 of 16860 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Took off the matte black headlight you see on all the custom bonnevilles and popped on the motodemic LED. Kudos to GP Bikes for cleaning up the wiring inside the headlamp bucket so it’s a breeze to change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not so much about what I've done, but want to do. I just bought my first bike - 07 Speedmaster. I'm a little underwhelmed at the aftermarket parts available. I've looked everywhere and can't even find a backrest for it. Don't get me wrong, I like it so far, but that just doesn't seem like a problem I thought I'd run into. Sorry if this is the wrong thread...newbie here.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Fitted spare wheel with a new Shinko 705. Had to remove the cush drive bearing and regrease as it was dry with not much grease left inside, wheel bearings were fine. I'm liking the 705s, hold there shape well which isn't allways the case with rear tyres on the long straight roads and high temps localy.

001.JPG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Finally got out on my 2015 mag wheel Bonneville with all of the suspension improvements completed. Installed Hagon road shocks a couple of months ago and Progressive Suspension fork springs last week with fluid change. I think the ride is compliant with a more planted feel. Did not notice any fork dive on braking. Definitely worth the $300 and time spent on the project.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
FEK installed and working correctly, bobbed front fender, got a couple of late afternoon miles in ... going to have to wash that beast eventually ...

·
Driftless Admin
11,776 Posts
I had a friend with a Triumph TR-3. I was young, and now I'm ashamed that I don't believe I ever drove it without a beer or two under my belt. On a weekend evening or two I took that thing out. I bet it couldn't do north of 65 by much, but sitting that close to the pavement (with rust holes in the floor) the thing felt very fast. And your could feel every imperfection of the pavement through the linkages right to the steering wheel. I was connected to the road, Driving.

That thing was so much damn fun. Yet, not that comfortable slogging across the Dakotas to the Rockies. Of through Iowa and Missouri towards the Appalachians.

So, as an experiment, today what I did for my Bonnie was buy it a brother. A V-Strom 650. 2016, 2,640 miles, $3,500. I figure I can ride it a year or two, and if I love it, keep it. And if not, sell it probably for a profit (excluding farkles I buy in the meantime, of course).

Not sure what role it will have. Likely my platform for longer trips, with my Bonnie doing my more local riding. Not sure, we shall see. But the Bonnie is my TR-3 for sure.

·
Registered
428 Posts
So, as an experiment, today what I did for my Bonnie was buy it a brother. A V-Strom 650. 2016, 2,640 miles, $3,500. I figure I can ride it a year or two, and if I love it, keep it. And if not, sell it probably for a profit (excluding farkles I buy in the meantime, of course).

Not sure what role it will have. Likely my platform for longer trips, with my Bonnie doing my more local riding. Not sure, we shall see. But the Bonnie is my TR-3 for sure.
That or one of it's competitors will be my next bike. I have been think that if I drop the Collision and Fire & Theft from the Bonnie, it would pay for a one of these in a couple of years. Good find.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Holy batman, that is very expensive! That's more than what I'm paying for 3 Triumph motorcycles for a year.
That's why it's hard to own more than one bike. Especially since the season is so short here, yet there is very little discount for for insuring just for the riding season.

BonnieBlack, I used to like you. Now you have gone made me look at used V-Strom's. This is all your fault.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I cleaned the dirt off from my 4 day road trip. The last day we had rain and arrived home quite dirty. She is looking pretty again!

Rick G

16761 - 16780 of 16860 Posts