Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16321 - 16340 of 16369 Posts

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Just did the boring stuff. Changed the oil and fitler, dropped in a new battery (got six years on the original thanks to battery tender and a heated garage), lubed the chain. Happiness derived from working on my Bonneville did not melt the ice and snow outside. Yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took her down to the new Triumph dealership in Vauxhall to order a rubber bung for one of her side panels. Filled her up ready for long journey back to my hometown tomorrow (hoping the wind will be kind). And put some Scottoiler 365 on her too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Set up a Blink security camera for the garage...

In Black and white because it’s night time (infrared)..

Chuffed to bits with it to be fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much was it?
You can get a two camera system for £179 mate, or one camera for £99 and then add them as you need them ..

Doddle to set up and now can answer the door while at work...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
You can get a two camera system for £179 mate, or one camera for £99 and then add them as you need them ..

Doddle to set up and now can answer the door while at work...
Sweet! I don't have a garage and have to park Penny on the street outside my house. My old 125cc, on numerous occasions, had the front wheel knocked by boy racers in cars going past too quickly. A couple occasions they actually knocked it over causing damage. But, no witnesses or footage so couldn't use my insurance. Would really hate for something to happen to Penny, so have been thinking of getting a camera to record any incidents, as well as for security reasons.

·
Registered
433 Posts
weet! I don't have a garage and have to park Penny on the street outside my house. My old 125cc, on numerous occasions, had the front wheel knocked by boy racers in cars going past too quickly. A couple occasions they actually knocked it over causing damage. But, no witnesses or footage so couldn't use my insurance. Would really hate for something to happen to Penny, so have been thinking of getting a camera to record any incidents, as well as for security reasons.
A chap I know rides an old zx6r and lives in a bit of a rough area, him and his missus always have trouble with idiots messing with their bikes because they can only park on the roadside so he bought a camera off ebay for £40 that connects to his phone, it's actually not a bad bit of kit for the money and it records in colour at night time too. My infrared camera's go to black and white when it gets dark.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sweet! I don't have a garage and have to park Penny on the street outside my house. My old 125cc, on numerous occasions, had the front wheel knocked by boy racers in cars going past too quickly. A couple occasions they actually knocked it over causing damage. But, no witnesses or footage so couldn't use my insurance. Would really hate for something to happen to Penny, so have been thinking of getting a camera to record any incidents, as well as for security reasons.
Well it’s pretty damn good, it’s full colour in the daytime and IR at night, I’m fairly pleased with mine. I spoke to a guy looking through my windows (I live in the countryside but was off shore on a boat) and he soon buggered off; I had an image of him and his number plate uploaded automatically to the cloud by the system...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
So, I have just placed orders for some shiny new things:

Chain guard (black) - Square Deals

Renthal ultra low bars - Demon Tweeks

Clutch dress-up kit - Square Deals

Foot controls (gear and brake levers) - Tec Bike Parts

Brass footpegs - Motone

Stainless steel replacements bolts - Ebay

Hopefully, everything arrives before the weekend, so once I've given Penny a nice clean wash, I can put the new parts on her.

·
Registered
714 Posts
So, I have just placed orders for some shiny new things:

Chain guard (black) - Square Deals

Renthal ultra low bars - Demon Tweeks

Clutch dress-up kit - Square Deals

Foot controls (gear and brake levers) - Tec Bike Parts

Brass footpegs - Motone

Stainless steel replacements bolts - Ebay

Hopefully, everything arrives before the weekend, so once I've given Penny a nice clean wash, I can put the new parts on her.
You've been a busy boy :p
Do you have somewhere to fit these parts, won't be much fun doing it on the street.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You've been a busy boy :p
Do you have somewhere to fit these parts, won't be much fun doing it on the street.
Here's a view of my street from my bedroom window. Penny next to my old bike. So, lots of room for me to do mods to her when everything arrives. It's a quiet residential street, so don't have to contend with loads of cars going past.

16321 - 16340 of 16369 Posts