Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16301 - 16320 of 16369 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Removed the old Renntec rack and top case and installed SU Side Racks from Happy Trail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fitted new Baak rear mudguard and indicators front and back on the scrambler- very pleased with the quality of the parts! A bit of custom work needed to get everything how I wanted it, all part of the fun

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Classic triple forum has a thread for daily modifications and shop work. Lets get that going for twins as well.

Today I lowered my T100's rear brake lever. I took the pin out, the master cylinder off and adjusted the bucket and locknut. Now I won't be beside my brake pedal on that bike, I can be above it, ready to use it just a tiny bit quicker.

I also painted the worst-off gas cap I had, black. So I can ride on sunny days without being blinded by my own bike. - my sun visor is in the helmet, and comes down from the top so I get nice glare off the clocks and tank... :(
working at a house today,found this lil gem in the tall grass beside the house.The lady was more than happy to take $100 to get rid of it. Just need to file for a lost title and get it plated. Real good shape,all welded and no rust anywhere. Very light and rolled around easily.
Like the idea of the painted gas cap. Have a 2007 with yellow & black tank already. A black cap will be a perfect complement!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today was a big one. After 5 years and Pete only knows how many thousands of miles on 2 different 2012 Thruxtons, I finally did the thing and popped on a TTP kit/tune. Torque Induction with Tune 3 and a de-baffled airbox to match the Arrow 2-2 already on the bike when I purchased it. Let what follows be a re-hash of praise to @PieMan Mike, like so many before me have posted.

After a genuinely fun wrenching session and problem-free tune load, I was eager to go for a quick spin around the block before the sun disappeared and temperatures dipped back into the 30s. Now right off the bat, the bike felt great; impressions were not dissimilar to what I've read here countless times: no throttle snatch, and a refreshing bit of pep brought into the mid-range revs. Well call it rider error taking time to adjust to the new input required, or the ECU having a bit of fun gradually ramping up it's learning curve, but after about 20 miles ("around the block"...yeah, right) she seemed to say "son, I ain't even leaned in yet." Still silky smooth, but holy moses did the power start to ride up into the seat of my pants. The further I rode, the better it got. Shift points only dropping the revs right back at the power band for the next gear, every bit of it wanting to get up and go! I consider myself overly responsible regarding speed limits, but this was the first time in my years of Thruxton ownership that I might have been at the mercy of thrill and having a tough time winding the throttle back to something reasonable. Even my highway cruising revs while running 70ish were a few hundred lower than before, and mitigating some of the dreaded peg vibration. Hell, I could even pull away from a dead stop in 3rd without any lugging! Over an hour later, tank empty, nearly frozen and grinning ear to ear, I cannot more wholeheartedly endorse what Mike and the folks at Triumph Twin Power can do for these bikes.

Shortly after replacing my first Thruxton, the water-cooled models were announced, and I couldn't help but feel a tad miffed and jealous I didn't wait a few months. Years later, and especially now after this simple handful of upgrades, that sentiment has all but faded into the rearview. Love this bike now more than ever. I almost feel sorry for the ones who thrash all the mods on at once with almost no miles on the clock. This feeling after years of consistent satisfaction just made a favorite dish so noticably sweeter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had a new set of tyres fitted to my scrambler,
went for a set of Michelin Anakee Adventure's with a 140 on the rear,
these tyres haven't been on the market long , described by Michelin as 80% road 20% off road,
read lots of very positive reviews on them so thought i'd give them a try,
so far have done around 40 miles on cold, wet, dirty country roads and they felt great, much more grip than the previous tyres Heidenau K60's would have had in the same conditions,
i'd recently had a couple of heart stopping moments on the K60's where the front had let go on cold damp roads so was looking for something more road focused,
I think the Michelins look pretty good too, which we all know is important on a scrambler :)
IMG_0671 (2).JPG

IMG_0672 (2).JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

Bike was lovely and clean an hour earlier :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 2013 Bonneville only got delivered yesterday. However, I have just ordered her some new mirrors, ignition relocation bracket, side panels replacement bolts and a new disc lock alarm. She is currently covered against the rain ready for her first official ride tomorrow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First mod made, just a small thing. Changed the mirrors on my Bonneville. I kept the original stems and just changed the mirror heads. This will probably be temporary until I change the handlebars. But still, it's nice to have a slightly wider view when looking to see what's behind me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
NEW THINGS! Arrived today from Motone. Will be put on Penny tomorrow.

Ignition relocation
Brass quick release side panels bolts
Quick release seat bolts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I de-baffled my stock exhaust. Just the first outer "wall" so far but I really like it. Not too loud, no major droning at speed, not much sewing machine sound left in it. I need to clean up the cuts a bit, but so far so good. I may or may not attack the next internal section, we'll see.

One things for sure though, I really need to paint the inside of the exhaust now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Genuine Triumph lockable fuel cap (half price on Ebay)

New mirrors (actually for a Triumph Tiger 800. But I like that they are not as high as the stock chrome ones, but give great views of what's behind me).

Also put on brass side panels bolts and new seat bolts from Motone. No pictures as they are tiny dress up parts. Had a few issues screwing in the seat bolts. Think there may be an issue with the screw threads. Taking her in for her MOT tomorrow, so will ask the guys at the garage if they can work their magic on it.

EDIT Just got home from the cinema and even though it's almost midnight, I put on the ignition relocation bracket from Motone.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Added a Monza gas cap then went for a lunch ride to have fresh caught grouper tacos at waters edge...... and a cold IPA. It was another perfect riding day here in SW Florida.

Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
Took Penny in for her MOT and will be putting in a Mottbatt battery later.

16301 - 16320 of 16369 Posts