Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

16281 - 16300 of 16369 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
When i got my bike in Sept19, was informed the air filter is Pipercross, serviceable, did not bother till yesterday decided to just remove and clean(since i have the K&N cleaner). To my horror, it was just like a normal SPONGE/FOAM, wrap around a plastic frame and it was so brittle, chunks were everywhere. Clean/Vacuum the entire compartment. Later will check around if they have K&N filter model TB-9004 available in these country for my 2012 T100. DNA Air filter might have but only discover these brand yesterday, looks like the K&N filter, performance = gotta check review around the globe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
When i got my bike in Sept19, was informed the air filter is Pipercross, serviceable, did not bother till yesterday decided to just remove and clean(since i have the K&N cleaner). To my horror, it was just like a normal SPONGE/FOAM, wrap around a plastic frame and it was so brittle, chunks were everywhere. Clean/Vacuum the entire compartment. Later will check around if they have K&N filter model TB-9004 available in these country for my 2012 T100. DNA Air filter might have but only discover these brand yesterday, looks like the K&N filter, performance = gotta check review around the globe.
Hello mate,

I have the DNA item fitted to my 790 with no dramas, in fact I was impressed with the quality and overall appearance of the filter; TTP reckon they have better performance figures then K&N though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Mate,
Thanks. checked on Amazon, DNA is around USD24 more over K&N, decided to go for K&N as currently i stick a breathable foam while riding, since our tropical climate, 365 days riding, well except when its raining.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Mate,
Thanks. checked on Amazon, DNA is around USD24 more over K&N, decided to go for K&N as currently i stick a breathable foam while riding, since our tropical climate, 365 days riding, well except when its raining.
Hi

Yep I’d go for what’s cheapest for sure mate!

Have a good one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1st ride for 2020, Thruxton hasn't been out of the shed much lately for a no of reasons (not the bike) Nice weather, not too hot.

Bike turns 14 years old this year

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I’ve got a few “winter projects” I’m wanting to do on my 05 Thruxton.
I have a leak on my left fork at the bottom dampener bolt. I have new crush washers, I just have to get to it.
I also need to rebuild the carbs, of what I REALLY want to do, upgrade to FCR 39’s.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I l
I've fitted the luggage rack my kids got me for Christmas, otherwise the bike is still up on the stand waiting for better weather. :cool: View attachment 715708
View attachment 715708
[/QUOTE]
I really like the Triumph luggage rack! I've had one on my Bonneville for a while now and it makes my bike perfect for commuting. I also made a platform that I attach to it and that holds all my camping gear. Check out my photo album if you want to see my setup for hauling my camping gear. Your Thruxton looks great, by the way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I finally worn out the original OE Metzler tires. I took the wheels off and had Douglas Triumph spoon on some new Pirelli Scorpion Trial II`s. Went with a 140/80 in the rear and stock size in front. With the 140 rear, besides being wider it was also taller. This helped the stock gearing and dropped about 300 rpm on the highway. I think the added girth also complements the back of the bike. These tires are a big improvement over the stocks, the bike no longer deflects over ANY imperfection in the road. Lean-in is great and I have much more confidence in the new tires. I haven`t flogged it the twisties yet, but the riding I did on Hwy 142 and Santiago Cyn Rd here in SoCal was great.
tires2.jpg
tires1.jpg
tires3.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finally my K&N filter as arrived and have installed it without any fuss... initially saw in some video they have issue pushing in the filter which cause "dent" on the filter, well, was glad mine just slide in without any fuss.

·
Registered
29 Posts
After removing the passenger peg / muffler brackets and installing a TEC 2 into 1 exhaust the rear brake caliper looked really bad hanging down all by itself. So, I decided instead of buying an "up and over" relocation bracket that I would modify the stock bracket and make it a floating brake caliper.
20200106_140728.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lo
After removing the passenger peg / muffler brackets and installing a TEC 2 into 1 exhaust the rear brake caliper looked really bad hanging down all by itself. So, I decided instead of buying an "up and over" relocation bracket that I would modify the stock bracket and make it a floating brake caliper. View attachment 716318
Looks clean! nice work

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I installed some Ricor Intiminator cartridges some 7-8 years ago. At the time, for a little preload, I cut some PVC spacers, thinking down the road I would get some Thruxton (or Thruxton-type) adjusters. Said adjusters have been on my bench now for 3-4 years, and since we're all covered in ice/snow here, thought it was a good time to finally do this. Happy. Now just waiting on spring.

16281 - 16300 of 16369 Posts