Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 16276 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Classic triple forum has a thread for daily modifications and shop work. Lets get that going for twins as well.

Today I lowered my T100's rear brake lever. I took the pin out, the master cylinder off and adjusted the bucket and locknut. Now I won't be beside my brake pedal on that bike, I can be above it, ready to use it just a tiny bit quicker.

I also painted the worst-off gas cap I had, black. So I can ride on sunny days without being blinded by my own bike. - my sun visor is in the helmet, and comes down from the top so I get nice glare off the clocks and tank... :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
finished off Data-Tagging under the seat, greased up the battery terminals with Bel-ray chain wax, gave the bike a good ploish with Mr Sheen, checked tyre pressures, all o.k.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Rode her hard...........she liked it !!! :Devil3:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I looked to see if the new Joker billet shock bolt trim caps would fit on my top rear shock mount - the bottom mount is hidden by my exhausts so don't care

·
Registered
737 Posts
Tilted the ft brake and clutch levers down 1/8 inch from stock. Nice difference better suited for when I'm in my aggressive riding position (leaned forward). Keeps more hand on the grip while working the levers feel more control during the pull. Me likes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
bye bye triumph

today i rode my bonnie to the local ducati dealer and rode home on a duc gt1000.probley the only right decision i made in a long time,so sorry to leave you triumph riders behind but i needed more from a motorcycle than the t100 was willing to give,only bad part is all this triumph stuff im stuck with,any way I still say hi to a triumph rider when i see one ,like a lost brother,stay upright my freinds

·
Registered
89 Posts
I found a woven bracelet that says "Pendejo " on it and tightened it around my brake reservior . Sounds cheesy but the mods prior was a Zard system and a headlight visor . :punk:
Hmmmm. Do you know what "Pendejo" means? I grew up in New Mexico (yes it IS in the USA) and am not sure I'd put that on the bike . . .:)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Looked at it longingly in the garage this morning before I took my car into the office. Rare meeting today where professional attire is required :mad:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Got together with the water-jet operator at work to flowjet the final design of my new gauge bracket. Stock speedo, 2.4" mini-tach, ignition relocation and idjut lights. Hopefully the project might be done this weekend. Will post pic's when it's done.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I spent half an hour with the new Bonnie jacked up in the garage - trying to figure out if the brake pulsation is the front disc. I believe it is; when jacked up, spinning the front wheel produces the same position ( air filler at the top of the wheel ) every time. I'm not quite good enough with the digital brake disc caliper I just bought to tell how far out of whack it is, but most of the disk is 5.32mm which is within .32mm of replacement. This Bonnie has 17K on it - any idea how long that .32mm will last?

EBC floating disc is less than the stock set and both are either back ordered or close to it. I don't want to be down a bike for a month. I'm really annoyed. Anyone have stock brake disk with good service life left in it?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
working at a house today,found this lil gem in the tall grass beside the house.The lady was more than happy to take $100 to get rid of it. Just need to file for a lost title and get it plated. Real good shape,all welded and no rust anywhere. Very light and rolled around easily.

1 - 20 of 16276 Posts