Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Trident
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These have been wildly popular discussion topics on other automotive forums I visit.

So go ahead and share what you’ve done with your Trident recently.

Installed a new part? Went for a ride? Just gave it a wash and wanted to take and share pictures?

To get started, I installed my Givi tank bag and a Racetorx gear shifter stabilizer. I haven’t had a chance to test them out on the road yet, but installation was simple on them both.

·
Registered
118 Posts
These have been wildly popular discussion topics on other automotive forums I visit.

Installed a new part? Went for a ride? Just gave it a wash and wanted to take and share pictures?

To get started, I installed my Givi tank bag and a Racetorx gear shifter stabilizer. I haven’t had a chance to test them out on the road yet, but installation was simple on them both.
I'm planning on getting that gear shift support. How long did it take for the shipping?

·
Registered
Trident 660
25 Posts
After fitting radiator cover and fender extender (see other thread for photo)
and having completed its first service last week, I decided a 70 mile dash round the worcs/Hereford roads to see what she could do, halfway round I noticed the tacho flashing at 6k rpm, so I'm guessing I'm still running in!!
No issues with the bike so far, I'm really enjoying this experience so far 👍😊

·
Registered
2022 Trident 660
6 Posts
halfway round I noticed the tacho flashing at 6k rpm, so I'm guessing I'm still running in!!
My dealer did not change the gear shift indicator setting to Default after first service either; you should be able to do so yourself in the Display Setup menu.

·
Registered
2022 Trident
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm planning on getting that gear shift support. How long did it take for the shipping?
Ordered on the 6th, delivered 12th. Not bad from UK to USA. I did not ever receive shipping confirmation via email. Be aware you will have to sign for it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered on the 6th, delivered 12th. Not bad from UK to USA. I did not ever receive shipping confirmation via email. Be aware you will have to sign for it
Thanks for that info. Let us know the verdict once you get a change to test it out. I'm really curious if there is a noticeable difference with the shifts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Continued breaking it in in 105 degree heat. Hit 300 miles and noticed the RPM's don't blink now till it hits 5k.

·
Registered
2022 Trident
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm definitely interested in hearing about the gear shift support.
I hate to say it, but it may be a bit before I get a proper test ride of the support. This is basically my “winter storage” time of the year, with temps over 100F even at midnight

·
Registered
Trident 660
25 Posts
Yes it's definitely a running in thing, I've done 700 miles and it's still flashing at 6k revs
but I think you still have to take it easy till about 1k miles

·
Registered
2022 Trident 660
6 Posts
Yes it's definitely a running in thing, I've done 700 miles and it's still flashing at 6k revs
but I think you still have to take it easy till about 1k miles
You can switch the Gear Shift Indicator setting from Running In to Default yourself in the Display Setup menu. Not sure if it will automatically change over at 1k.

·
Registered
Trident 660
25 Posts
Took the pillion footrest /mountings off, looks so much better without them, just waiting for the plates to arrive, fitted temporary m8 bolts till they arrive

·
Registered
Triumph Trident 660
26 Posts
Installed (then removed) the worlds least practical tailbag (yeah, I know - it's a dodgy Amazon special - just big enough for the disc lock & chain, plus a few other odds items).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate to say it, but it may be a bit before I get a proper test ride of the support. This is basically my “winter storage” time of the year, with temps over 100F even at midnight
View attachment 757783
Same here. I’m in the Central Valley of Cali. We’re about 5 degrees cooler than you. I absolutely hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts

View attachment 757562
Mine should be coming in the mail today. Was there a torque spec on the bolts?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts