Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

What did you do to your Tiger today?

38K views 330 replies 70 participants last post by  Lee337 
#1 ·
People have asked for this thread. If it turns out to be popular I'll change it to a Sticky to keep it up top. Now lets make it popular!

Mine sat in the garage while it poured Tigers and dogs.

#3 ·
Nothing. I plowed the snow from around the door of the shed where it is stored for the winter (the winter that just won't quit). It started snowing Friday night and quit Monday AM. Now we are getting more light snow. Snow is forecast for Wednesday again. I rode it about 100' since last November. I have an intense motorcycle itch to scratch.

#10 ·
Hi :smile2:,

Over the last week I cleaned out the air filter, cleaned the spark plugs, checked the shims, balanced the throttle bodies, put a new rear tyre on, overhauled the brakes with new fluid and pads, changed the fork oil to a mixture of 10w and 15w to make a perfectly handling 12w, and changed the oil and filter.

Then, as it was a lovely sunny spring day, I went for a good long ride on some beautiful twistie A and B roads in rural Weardale to make sure all was well. Had some chocolate cake and a coffee in a cafe, and raced a Lotus Evora on the way home. He was crap in the corners but quick on the straights, where he got away from me a bit. Following him in a haze of petrol fumes I over took him coming into a small town and gave him a thumbs up and nod of approval for a good bit of fun and mutual appreciation - roll on summer !! :thumbsup

#11 ·
My LED headlights arrived today, so since it's cold and snowed this morning, I installed them. Before and after pics below. One had scattered so I flipped it 180 degrees in the housing.

I HIGHLY recommend these bulbs. They are seriously easy to install. They slip apart into two pieces so you can install the part that clips in, then the bulky part after.

Attachments

#13 ·
Installed the LED markers. I'll address the hyperflash using load resistors, but will be doing so in a means that does not require splicing the wiring and messing with my warranty. In the meantime, they still work as signals.

https://youtu.be/niONDNjxLvI

#17 ·
The weather finally broke here over the weekend in Southern Ontario, so a first real good ride on the Tiger. Liking it a lot, especially the Sport mapping under the Rider Mode, it is noticeably quicker than Road Mode. Coming off of the 1,200 Thruxton, other than two wheels, they are so completely different machines.

I'm still breaking it in (<300 KM's) so taking it easy and not allowing the revs to exceed 5K....although maybe it snuck a little higher a couple of times :)

#22 ·
Stopped by my Triumph dealer to check on my top case hardware. Sadly still in the U.K. But.... I spoke with the service guy about what type of connector is used for the markers for fashioning load resistors. He handed me a couple of these, and I'll be trying them out on mine in the morning:

Attachments

#24 ·
I have to say, after a fairly decent run last weekend, the suspension on my XRT is great. I’ve had a LOT of bikes and without question, this base suspension is one of the best. I can’t speak to off road capability, haven’t done nor plan to do any....perhaps the odd connector road if I must.

Now, in saying that, I am not at all a suspension-head....I know a lot of riders love to tune their suspension and need to have it just right. I judge suspension on its ability to soak up smaller road imperfections...so, small cracks or bumps that tend to jar you when going at speed....for me and my riding, that is key, within the first hour I knew I had a winner.

In the twisties, I’ll need to up the pre-load, which is easily done, but so far in my current riding conditions, I’m quite impressed.

#25 ·
Load Resistors installed

I installed the load resistors today. Unfortunately I had to modify wiring, so I spliced the wires on the signal side of the connector to not ruin the warranty on the much more costly wiring loom. They work great so I have a genuine Triump part for the job. Cost was about $10

https://youtu.be/DnVIlL90ivE

Attachments

#29 ·
Dragged it out the garage cleaned and greased everything...........looked at it......looked at it some more.....got my neighbour to ave a look......fetched my wife to ave a look......told my kids to stay away from it......phoned my mate and talked about it.....then put it back in the garage smiled and walked away!!!!

#30 ·
Rode to Columbus, OH for a nice Italian dinner and back home. about 240ish miles round trip. My body is punishing me, but I don't care. >:)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.