Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,957 Posts
I washed all the drywall and saw dust off it, checked oil, coolant, and brake fluid, and gave it an overall function check. It's all ready for whenever I get good enough whether to ride to/from work. I don't need anything particularly good, just don't want even a small chance of snow or ice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Eww, drywall gets everywhere! I hate that stuff. What are you building?

·
Premium Member
8,957 Posts
Eww, drywall gets everywhere! I hate that stuff. What are you building?
The drywall dust was from just cutting a small bit of it off a cross beam to make room to install a new garage door opener. The amount of dust from cutting that little of it was astounding. ;) The sawdust was a completely different operation to build a small stand for my car top box. It's now under my deck acting as water resistant storage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Today I burned a tank of fuel going get lunch. On the way back, I rode with a thicc gsxr chick for a while. I passed her up while she was getting gas, then she caught up to me on the interstate. She had a tattoo across her lower back. I couldn't see it well, but it looked kinda tribal. She was on a pretty blue bike, probably a 600. Unfortunately, it had an engine issue. I could see some smoke from the tail pipe sometimes when she'd get on the throttle. We rode together for about 20 minutes, then I got to my exit so we split up. No idea who she is, but she rides how I like to ride.

Reactions: JfromMN

·
Registered
183 Posts
Finally got to ride after installing D675 cams in my ‘14 STR.

The extra bit of power is super nice!

I’d like to say that the bike feels amazing because of the cams, but I also did a full service on the bike... the works!

Bike feels and rides as good as new (but with more power ;) haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Today, I dropped her :( I was moving her around the yard and found a hole. My foot slipped, came out from under me and I couldn't catch my balance fast enough to save her. I watched her fall over in slow motion and hit the ground. My mirror is loose and needs to be replaced. Right rear blinker support on the tail tidy is broken too. I put some 5 minute epoxy on it to hopefully fix it. It seems to have worked, but I'll know better in the morning when it has had plenty of time to cure.

Some days just stink!

Reactions: Charlie Rider

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hey Rookie 01, How are the silicone radiator hoses? I have heard the tend to pop off the nipples because they are slippier than stock hoses. Is that urban legend or a real issue? They sure look good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Rookie 01, How are the silicone radiator hoses? I have heard the tend to pop off the nipples because they are slippier than stock hoses. Is that urban legend or a real issue? They sure look good.
Hey Charles,

I’ve only ridden with them for one track day and so far there are no issues with slippy nippies. I also haven’t ridden enough to see if it solved my issue with finding gunk in the coolant. Only time will tell.

One thing that is for sure, as you mentioned, they DO look good. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still a work in progress, but have added CF hugger and front fender, bar risers, LED turn signals, a tail tidy and a SW Motech tank bag. More CF on the way...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have finisched with the last little touches on the bike, ready for the summer :cool:

New usb port cabled with the left headlight, so it`s impossible that it drain accidentally battery with the bike off.

New real carbon heels guards realized by my friend, I just painted with the clear gloss

Wrapped the heat shield with the same texture of the real carbon

Wrapped also with carbon adhesive film the frames of the headlight and finished the tail with the same stickers of the Daytona 675 R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today, I purchased my 2018 Street Triple RS. Actually it was just before Christmas, but I'm calling it today anyway. She's got 13,000 miles on her and I'm spending the day making sure everything is tight and replacing all the fluids and filters. I've also got some aftermarket items from my old bike, a Honda CB650F, that I'm transferring over. Things like USB power outlets, phone mount, a dedicated "dashcam", and a ScottOiler. So far, I'm really happy with the new bike :)

View attachment 743202
Congrats on the new bike!

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts