Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
changed out the air filter... and dropped one of the screws which promptly disappeared behind/under the starter...can't feel or see the screw at this point. Maybe it's a sign that it's time to trade the 16 in on a new bike

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Removed passenger foot pegs, installed evotech blanking plates, installed tech spec tank grips, removed front reflectors, installed shorai lithium battery, installed quad lock phone mount with usb power, installed triumph frame protectors, installed triumph engine case protectors, installed triumph fork protectors, installed r&g rear axle sliders, 6k mile service, coolant flush.
Wish list: Rizoma tail tidy, triumph scrolling LED indicators, arrow exhaust, bar end sliders, tank sliders View attachment 742173 View attachment 742174
Those are some good looking mirrors. I have the Triumph bar end mirrors on my 2013 and they are pretty good, but your mirrors look to be substantially bigger without being too big.

Your bike is looking good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Removed passenger foot pegs, installed evotech blanking plates, installed tech spec tank grips, removed front reflectors, installed shorai lithium battery, installed quad lock phone mount with usb power, installed triumph frame protectors, installed triumph engine case protectors, installed triumph fork protectors, installed r&g rear axle sliders, 6k mile service, coolant flush.
Wish list: Rizoma tail tidy, triumph scrolling LED indicators, arrow exhaust, bar end sliders, tank sliders View attachment 742173 View attachment 742174
How are you liking those tanks pads? Heard some folks had issues with it peeling at the edges.

·
Registered
556 Posts
How are you liking those tanks pads? Heard some folks had issues with it peeling at the edges.
Mine peel a little. I'm not 100% sure if it's because I ceramic coated the tank (a month earlier) or not though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those are some good looking mirrors. I have the Triumph bar end mirrors on my 2013 and they are pretty good, but your mirrors look to be substantially bigger without being too big.

Your bike is looking good.
They are the stock 2020 mirrors. I agree they look good and I like the size/shape. However, they are vibey and blurry at higher engine speeds!
Love them! Totally changed my riding, I am way more connected to the bike. Having that grip you can engage your legs/core and for spirited riding, it's a must. No peeling so far.

·
Premium Member
8,957 Posts
Last month a friend let me know that Racetorx.co.uk was having a sale. I poked around and found their 25mm ball tri-grip adapter.

It showed up a week or so ago, and I installed it in my steering stem. I did find that the big o-ring around the middle deformed and protruded when I put a RAM arm on it, so I removed it and sort of filled the space with a couple smaller o-rings that fit within the diameter of the ball.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Last month a friend let me know that Racetorx.co.uk was having a sale. I poked around and found their 25mm ball tri-grip adapter.

It showed up a week or so ago, and I installed it in my steering stem. I did find that the big o-ring around the middle deformed and protruded when I put a RAM arm on it, so I removed it and sort of filled the space with a couple smaller o-rings that fit within the diameter of the ball.
How "stable" (for lack of a better way to describe it) is it in the steerer tube/hole thingy (boy, I don't know what anything is called)? Tried the thing everyone uses that goes in that hole and it felt kinda flimsy.

·
Premium Member
8,957 Posts
I haven't ridden with it yet, but I know of what you speak, because I also tried that one - the RAM stem mount. Not only did I think it felt flimsy, it was. There was no way I could get it snug enough with that itty-bitty 3mm allen key to stop it from constantly loosening.

The Racetorx not only uses a significantly larger bolt (M6, I think) and instead of trying to compress a slug that's far too stiff for the tiny bolt used, as you tighten the bolt on the Racetorx one the inserts slide against each other and wedge themselves to the inside of the steering stem. It's a little fiddly to get started; you have to get the wedges just about in contact with the inside of the tube, so the bolt will start tightening instead of just spinning them, but once it's well and true snugged, you can just about pick up the front of the bike with it.

Long story short: My first impressions are that it's far more secure and stable than the RAM one.

Reactions: Kraxmel

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,957 Posts
I haven't ridden mine since 21 August. :(

On 23 August I crashed at a track day on my KTM and split my collarbone. It didn't heal right, so I had surgery on 5 Oct. Then 2 months in a sling, and was cleared for full activity 11 days ago, just in time for winter.

·
Registered
564 Posts
What happens when winter sets in and you start going a little stir crazy? You start throwing money at your ride. Here is what 1k worth of titanium bolts looks like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sometimes you gotta love her gentle and other times... 😁
Didn't have much of a choice... Drove to the beach on some twisty roads, but all the canned sardines in the area decided to do the same, so I couldn't really go much over 35Km/h. And overtaking becomes useless because there's always another one a few meters ahead. With all this Covid thing, I don't even understand why are people from the big city allowed to come here and flood rural areas.

I haven't ridden mine since 21 August. :(

On 23 August I crashed at a track day on my KTM and split my collarbone. It didn't heal right, so I had surgery on 5 Oct. Then 2 months in a sling, and was cleared for full activity 11 days ago, just in time for winter.
There will be sunny days in winter as well. Lisbon area (Portugal) actually has more rain per year than London UK and there's still plenty of days to ride.
I had an injury playing tennis Feb 2020, a serious right ankle sprain. Only resumed tennis in September, but riding... Well... Three weeks later I was already riding to work, with a nice yellow cane strapped to the tail of the bike. :D It was actually easier than by car. But shoulder is worse I think.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Picked up my new shock and forks with newly installed Andreani cartridge...now just need the free time to put it all back together
shock.jpg
cartridge.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Street Triple 2013 Daytona
90 Posts
changed out the air filter... and dropped one of the screws which promptly disappeared behind/under the starter...can't feel or see the screw at this point. Maybe it's a sign that it's time to trade the 16 in on a new bike
Lol. I’ve dropped one of those screws twice now. I remember coaching myself after the 1st drop and how difficult that was to find and retrieve- not to do it ever again! But then I did it again. Fortunately the 2nd time was easier. I’m super glad I didn’t sell the bike though because of it.

1861 - 1880 of 1914 Posts