Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1461 - 1480 of 1691 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cheers! Still got a few bits and bobs to put on it to make it really mine.

The S1 is loud, quite loud.. and I absolutely love it!
The exhaust note is so rich and beautiful sounding also, deeper than videos portray it. I can still clearly hear the intake roar from the throttle bodies under heavy throttle. :grin2:

Going through city/towns makes you feel like a bit of a hoon.
I don't commute much, mostly ride in the weekends, I don't think it's an issue. IMO anyway.
I normally wear custom earplugs with a frequency filter in them so let in a bit more noise than a normal ear plug and happily cruse on the open road for hours very comfortably (sound wise).

I still ride abit around town and so long as you're not a dick about it, it's not too obnoxious.
From what I have seen on the forum, it's definitely up there as far as noise goes but come on.. look at it! mmm..

I have a few clips on my Instagram page thing..
Cheeky bit of limmiter
Clip from a ride around the hills
Garage rev (with the DB killer out)
Waiting till summer here to get some good videos. It's louder and deeper than these videos show it.

Oh my GOODNESS those are the cleanest sounding representation of the exhaust I have seen. Thank you! I sprung for the SC1-R in hopes of it being the right balance.

Performance? Have you noticed any weird gremlins? Do you have it tuned?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh my GOODNESS those are the cleanest sounding representation of the exhaust I have seen. Thank you! I sprung for the SC1-R in hopes of it being the right balance.

Performance? Have you noticed any weird gremlins? Do you have it tuned?
Right on man, the SC1-R is meant to be quite a more modest noise level (still lively though), bit deeper and less raspy than mine.. from what I have read on here anyway.

Unfortunately due to the licence scheme here in New Zealand I have the 2018 660cc S model.. But, the bike feels exactly the same to my butt dyno in respect to stock Vs. SC exhaust.
Since mine is the S model with the older dash, non TFT dash (I personally prefer the analog tacho dash anyway) my Triumph dealer tried loading a Triumph/Arrow remap onto my ECU but as that tune only came out for the R and RS models with the TFT dash displays, my dash won't work with that tune applied so reverted back to just the factory setting.
Side note: I don't think the Triumph/Arrow tune/remap is available in all parts of the world.

In the end, I done the 20+ minute idle adaption reset method as a precaution and the bike feels just the same as it did with the stock exhaust on except, now it looks and sounds ridiculously sexy!:grin2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Took her to the track again. Had to replace the "automatic/oil" CCT for a APE manual. Also needed to update the suspension, so TTX Ohlins being put on and front forks being upgrade via "pistons or revalve" whichever is possible. Haven't heard back yet. Not really a "racer" and need new cartridge kit...they are expensive.

Still learning and having a blast.

https://youtu.be/9JiCzI_9iNs

·
Registered
150 Posts
Today, I finally rode it again!

During the past 3 days:

- Replaced and balanced tires... quite the learning experience. M7RR set lasted 11k miles and was the most confidence inspiring tire I’ve ridden with (picture attached) but I switched to Q3+ just to see if they’re better than the regular Q3 I’ve used previously.
- Put on captive wheel spacers.
- Replaced fork fluid with Maxima Fork Fluid 5W... another interesting learning experience.
- Inspected, cleaned, and lubed brakes (guiding and retaining pins)
- Bled brake fluid and ABS
- Re-adjusted front preload, rebound, and compression settings.
- Last, but not least, lubricated and adjusted chain slack.

Bike rides like a dream... as usual. Will check valve clearance in the next month or so, for the 48k mile service. Hopefully no adjustment needed. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you’re already going to be in the engine checking valve clearances, it’s hardly much more work to actually swap shims. Why “fingers crossed”?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you’re already going to be in the engine checking valve clearances, it’s hardly much more work to actually swap shims. Why “fingers crossed”?

Maybe easy for you; but the process of loosening CCT, removing cam retaining bracket, removing cams, buckets, measuring shims, re-lubing, re-attaching everything in that super tight space is more than “hardly” more for me, a non mechanically inclined and very OCD person.

Besides, I’d like to spend less time in the garage and more time on the road haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Best of luck with yours. At 48k you may be alright assuming the previous 12k services dialed you in. I just did the first 12k adjustment on my Tiger and all exhaust valves were way out of spec.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got the suspension wurked on. The forks got serviced and a pair of (heavier) new springs in em. For the rear, a used TTX Ohlins that also got serviced...but thankfully the spring was right for me. So, no need for a new spring. Just got her back from GP Suspension in Oxnard, CA. It was a great experience and the bike feels great. Can't wait to dial it in at the track.

·
Registered
344 Posts
To change the shock, I use my rear stand (elevated by a couple of 2x4 boards under the plastic wheels) to lift the rear of the bike and then set it back down on jack stands under the rearset pegs (mine are fixed pegs). Once the bike weight is on the jack stands, I use the rear stand again to take up just enough weight to slip the bolt(s) out. Obviously, this is all done with the exhaust and rear tire off.

I recommend a second pair of hands the first time you do it.

Don't forget to recheck sag after you swap the shock! Good luck!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I installed passenger grab handles on my ST3R tonight (Triumph kit). I got them for my girlfriend who rides with me about once/week, but they look pretty good IMO. Will make using the rear stand by myself easier as well.

The only downside that I can see is that it will be just one more thing (well, two things technically) to remove when I want to install the Sharkskinz tail for the track, but I rarely go to the track anymore, so no biggie.

I'd post pics but it's late and I'm tired (and lazy). :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed passenger grab handles on my ST3R tonight (Triumph kit). I got them for my girlfriend who rides with me about once/week, but they look pretty good IMO. Will make using the rear stand by myself easier as well.

The only downside that I can see is that it will be just one more thing (well, two things technically) to remove when I want to install the Sharkskinz tail for the track, but I rarely go to the track anymore, so no biggie.

I'd post pics but it's late and I'm tired (and lazy). :)
I just installed my grab handles too and added a tail rigg tail bag setup attaching the mounting straps to the subframe while I had the panels off. Both have paid dividends already.

If anyone is curious, it's the 1060ST bag. Quality is surprisingly good for the price point. No complaints!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Installed the Rizoma fender eliminator on my 765 RS. This was one of the more difficult fender eliminators I’ve installed solely because of the amount of adjustment it’s has. You can adjust almost everything on it. The rear turn signal, along with the front, will be replaced with Watsens once Roger starts taking orders again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Installed the Rizoma fender eliminator on my 765 RS. This was one of the more difficult fender eliminators I’ve installed solely because of the amount of adjustment it’s has. You can adjust almost everything on it. The rear turn signal, along with the front, will be replaced with Watsens once Roger starts taking orders again.

That looks really nice! Where did you buy it from?

Enviado do meu SM-G955F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When I changed my sprockets and chain, I noticed that the left dust seal on the rear wheel had blow out. I replaced it, but I haven't seen any performance change.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finally got around to putting in my evotech tail tidy! So much better than stock and the install was easy. No wire splicing at all!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1461 - 1480 of 1691 Posts