Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Diablo Red Thruxton 1200 R
1,305 Posts
Sc carbon exhaust can looks sweet and I know it sounds good Too!…FTG

·
Registered
893 Posts
Had a cold morning ride. Had a stop half way and a 30mins break, I noted the bike is unable to crank and start on the first go. When we bought it, it was starting everything but after a week riding it I noted that it's starting to struggle on start... hot or cold.
Tested battery at 12.6v and charging well at 14.2v at idle. All good so bought a new battery.
Also noted a few times at traffic light I seem to have a few bog down as if I didn't rev high enough to go.

Seemed to have resolved the issues after battery changed. Will keep an eye on it.

Good news from chatting with a Triumph tech and he said my noisy street sounds normal but will need a valve check at 20k km.

Reactions: FLY-TRI-GUY

·
Registered
687 Posts
Started on my 12k service. Valve clearances were all in spec but since I had to remove the cams to reset the timing, I was able to set all the exhaust valves at 0.35mm and intake at 0.15mm. Still need to do the headstock bearings and a few other bits.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Nut

·
Registered
893 Posts
A few things done during the weekend.
Replaced heel plates since last owner did a terrible job spraying it and its partially worn off.
Replaced under panel at tail as previous owner removed the hand rail but left the holes there.
Both parts were found cheap from wreckers.
Replaced hand warmer on the throttle side as previous owner just yanked the throttle housing out and broke the wire. Connectors were hidden under the airbox so had to learn how to take thenairbox out.... fishing wire through the handlebar holes is not fun.

Tried to install a denali mini but not sure why it's not working even with a relay connected. Relay power is showing 12.5v activated but when connected to horn its not working. When wired directly to battery it's works through the same wires

And finally this just arrived at work... looks like I've order bags of beef jerkies 😄
Product Font Material property Publication Reflex camera

1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts